Email to big to send

hello, I’m a newbie and currently evaluating emclient. I sent an email with a large attachment. an error keeps popping up that says there is an error (email too big)… where did emclient put the original email? under outlook, it would be in a folder “Outbox”, but emclient doesn’t seem to use this folder

1- I’d like to keep the message part of the email
2- I also want to delete this mail from the out-queue… how is this done in emclient?

thanks
Matt

Most likely Emclient sent the message so it would be in sent. The Email host probably objected to the size, so would not accept the email. You might also check the drafts folder.

The message will be waiting in the Local Folders Outbox. If Local Folders are not visible below your other account folders, you can enable them by selecting Menu > Settings > General > Show Local Folders.

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your response, I did manage to figure it out myself… but I don’t understand why there is a size restriction in em-client. I can send the same message (or even bigger) with outlook and the exchange server delivers it without issue. But em-client gives an error, and it seems to be very slow during the transfer. Would you know why that is?

thanks again
Matt

There is no size limit in eM Client. Any limit will be from your server, so you will need to ask then what that is.

If you try send the same message again, and it fails, go to Menu > Operations and look for the SMTP error in the Log tab. It will give more details of why that failed.

It gives this error:
[Exchange Web Services]Sending email failed due to the following error: Response status code does not indicate success: RequestEntityTooLarge (Request Entity Too Large).

But the exact same attachment sent via outlook works fine.

btw, the attachment is a .mp4 file. Does em-client expand the file to an ascii encoded attachment?

MailClient.Storage.Application.OperationException: Sending email failed due to the following error: Response status code does not indicate success: RequestEntityTooLarge (Request Entity Too Large).
—> Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.EwsHttpWebException: Response status code does not indicate success: RequestEntityTooLarge (Request Entity Too Large).
at MailClient.Protocols.Exchange.ExchangeGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at MailClient.Protocols.Exchange.ExchangeGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
EnqueuedStackTrace =
at MailClient.Protocols.Exchange.ExchangeMailSynchronizer.SendAsync(IEnumerable1 items, Action1 sentItem, Action1 completed, CancellationToken cancellationToken1) at MailClient.Protocols.Exchange.ExchangeAccount.SendAsync(IEnumerable1 items, Action1 sentItem, Action1 completed, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailClient.Accounts.BindingAccountBase.SendInternal()
at MailClient.Accounts.BindingAccountBase.Send()
at MailClient.UI.Forms.formSendMail.<>c__DisplayClass436_4.b__6(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailClient.UI.LongOperationService.<>c__DisplayClass7_0.<MailClient.ILongOperationService.InitOperation>b__0(CancellationToken ct)
at MailClient.UI.LongOperationService.<>c__DisplayClass13_01.<<InitOperation>b__0>d.MoveNext() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.Start[TStateMachine](TStateMachine& stateMachine) at MailClient.UI.LongOperationService.<>c__DisplayClass13_01.b__0()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<.cctor>b__277_0(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteEntryUnsafe(Thread threadPoolThread)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteFromThreadPool(Thread threadPoolThread)
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()
GUIStatus_Exception_Reported = True

Yes. Encoding is necessary because mail was designed to be text-only. The base64 encoding consumes roughly 25% more than the original size.

Well there appears to be a bug or encoding problem with emclient. The attachment size is 46Mb, the exchange server has the limit set to 100Mb, and emClient always fails. Outlook has no problem sending the same attachment or even larger files.

Exchange usually has a 50MB limit, but maybe they set it differently for MS clients.

If you have a Pro License with current VIP Support, you can open a support ticket and we can examine the logs to see what the issue is.

We manage our own exchange servers, and the policy is set to 100MB. I’m currently evaluating emclient Pro but don’t have a license yet. Our comments so far: we have identified issues with emclient rules (send rules don’t seem to work at all), receive rules are limited, can’t edit server rules (need outlook), and some people don’t like some of the missing text formatting features when composing an email (compared to outlook).