email templates do not work properly

The font  “segoe ui” id always included in replies!.. even if one uses his own signature and/or template, there is always inserted a blank line with that font!

REALLY ANNOYING!

Ok… seems that the “preferred style” overrules the templates in EM 7!

You need to change the “preferred style” from Segoe UI" 12 to whatever you prefer under “Settings->Email->Reading->Preferred style”

You also need to change the “new message”->preferred format to match your template!

That is 100% stupid as you then need to change that whenever you change your template! The whole point of templates are to enforce fonts and other formatting. That is completely destroyed with those settings overruling the templates!

Please fix that!..
should be easy: if a template is used then DO NOT apply default styles!

Hello Henrik,
this is definitely not the designed behaviour, the template should override the Preferred style in this case.
Can you please tell me what account does this issue happen with?
Does it happen to all replies or perhaps to just some (those with attachments or inline images, perhaps in reply to certain senders, etc.)?

Regards,
Olivia

I am also having troubles with the font of my template. The e-mail looks good in eM Client (probably because I have set both template and default the same font), but when I open the mail in my iPhone (which accepts html-mail), a different font is showing. In the template editor the selected text is irresponsive to changes I make to the font type or size in the editor menu. You have to right click and choose edit source and make changes by hand to make the font change. But even then, the created source will probably not work in MS Outlook because that takes a lot of know how and the use of old fashioned tags. It would be nice if eM Client would generate MS Outlook compatible source code because now it let users think they are in control of their template design when in reality they aren’t.

miércoles 01 marzo 2023 :: 1728hrs (UTC +0100)

Obviously the iPhone does not have the font you are using in eMC so a substitute is used.

Have you tried in MS Outlook?
Whilst on the subject, you will, of course, also want code to apply to Thunderbird, The Bat! etc?

¡Buena suerte!

skybat

¡Saludos desde Valencia la soleada en España!

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.