email stopped sending

I’m using eM client with windows 8.1. It was a bit of a nightmare working around their refusal to support POP3 email, but started using eM client and all worked fine until yesterday, when it suddenly stopped sending emails from both my account and my husband’s. None of the settings have been changed, any ideas?

Hi, what version of eM client are you currently using? What mail service are you using? Are you using IMAP now then?
Are you receiving any error messages from the application? If so, can you make a screenshot of the error you’re seeing?

Thank you,
Paul.

version 6.0.20498.0, was successfully using POP3 with this, email is  tiscali  (part of talktalk), 

Are you using any firewall/proxy or antivirus software with email protection on your computer?
Can you make a screenshot of your current SMTP settings from Tools > Accounts > Your account > SMTP tab?

Thank you,
Paul.

using avast antivirus, (as we have been for years). Here’s the screenshot:

Hi again, can you try changing the security policy in that settings to “Force usage of SSL/TLS”? Save the settings and check if that helped the issue.

Thank you,
Paul.

nope :frowning:

Oh, and NOW it’s magically working! Weird, but thank you…

Oh, and now it has stopped again :frowning:

Ok, please try to disable the “server requires authentication” option.
Try this setting, and if that won’t help, try to change the security policy back to “Don’t use secure connection” and change the port to 25.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

still no success I’m afraid. why it suddenly worked then stopped is a mystery to me :confused:

and now it’s working again!