Email Replies go to me not sender

Hi,

For what it’s worth. I just copied an email that was received from “Person A” in my inbox to my “sent” items folder. I would never normally do this as it is not “usual” or “logical” in my mind to do this at all but wanted to test it out.

I went into my sent items and clicked “reply” on the moved email and, in the reply modal box that popped up, the “To” field was correctly populated with “Person A” who originally sent me the email. This seems to be correct behavior and I am using Gmail.

1 Like

As I said in earlier post, Sent was used as a ‘parking place’; I no longer do that.
What was happening was when you first move an inwards email to Sent, the Reply works correctly as you found. However, when eM Client is closed & reopened, on a reply the ‘To’ is to Me, not the other party.

@NeilMcDonald

However, when eM Client is closed & reopened, on a reply the ‘To’ is to Me, not the other party.

As this is still happening have you as yet, removed and re-added your account / s ?

No, as I have found a way around the issue, not yet. I am reluctant to remove and re-add my account, as I believe I may then need to go through and reset all my defaults & options to how I want them.
I did start the process by running backup, but but am a bit puzzled. My database is quite small - about 650 items in total. 10 mins after starting the backup I had not received any message to say the B/U was completed. Should there be a message?

Removing and Re-adding the account, doesn’t remove your eM Client Settings.

To see the progress of the backup using eg: eM Client for Windows, after you start the backup click the dropdown arrow on the right of “Refresh” and click “Operations”.

OK, thanks.
Have now removed & re-added my account. I found settings retained, except column headings in all mail folders; I had to reset them.
I tested the ‘Reply from Sent folder’ issue again; same “error” is still happening.
Further to my response to Paul23, even without a close & reopen of eM Client, the problem occurs after the first refresh.

I don’t have this happen now i changed. I use folders in local rules and tags always go to person that send