Email link doesn't open email

“Email link” opens eMclient, Not an email ready to be sent. How can I correct this? Anyone…?
Pull down menu, Alt F, then–>“email link” only opens the EMclient program. Also I am unable to put a shortcut on my desktop,----> to open an email ready to be sent.

What web browser are you using?

I use the latest Firefox. And The problem persist. I was on a website just now and clicked on a mailto link. It opens EmClient but not an email ready to be addressed. Of course I can then choose “New” and then go back to that the webpage copy the address then go back to my “New” email add the link…etc. What I want is a “mailto” link to open an email ready to be addressed and sent. I don’t need to check messages (until you replied), just send mail only. I haven’t been able to find an en email client to do this. Remember “Outlook Express” ? Ancient, but You could click on a mailto link and it would open an email ready to be sent. It would also allow a right click on ,anything and “send to” email then it would open an email ready to be sent. I could actually never read emails (why it took so long for me to reply). Thank you for any suggestions you might have.

Would you like to give the link that opens eM Client and not a new message ready to be sent?