Email is becoming unusable

Over the past several weeks the red triangle has appeared with increasing frequency on my 3 accounts. Sometimes you can refresh - many times - and finally you can read email. Sometime only one until the triangle comes again. Presently triangle is on all three addresses and refresh doesn’t work. I have changed nothing on the computer since before this started. Is it time to go to another email program?

I’ve been using the free version and very much want to buy the software but I keep getting the exact error you are. I have Outlook running on same PC with same settings and it doesn’t have the problem. Getting close to deleting it and moving on.

@c7110

Over the past several weeks the red triangle has appeared with increasing frequency on my 3 accounts. Sometimes you can refresh - many times - and finally you can read email

I have changed nothing on the computer since before this started. Is it time to go to another email program?

As this issue has only just started in the last several weeks and you haven’t changed any settings in eM Client as you say, then could be caused by an optional program installed possibly interfering with eM Client in the background.

So if you have any eg: Optional Firewall / Security programs, Optional Antivirus programs or VPNs try completely disabling those to test incase any of those are interfering.

Now “if you have none of those optional programs installed” or “disabling them to test makes no difference”, then go to “Menu / Operations / Log” tab and see if you can see any obvious errors and paste them in this thread.

Also go to “Menu / Accounts” and let us know “what incoming mail setting you have” and “who your mailbox providor is”. The incoming mail setting is under the tab next to the “General” tab.

Note: Blank out anything personal information.

Lastly what version of eM Client do you have.

Version is 702.50008.0. Provider is windstream.net. There were no operations. By divine intervention or otherwise ,it began working normally 12/22 about the same time I saw your comments. Any other actions I should take?

By divine intervention or otherwise ,it began working normally 12/22

As it just started working, sounds like then it either was your mailbox server online which may have then had an outage, or a possible a link / connection problem along the way to your remote mailbox online. Great that it’s working :slightly_smiling_face:

I would suggest to maybe look at upgrading to a later eM Client version 9 on the eM Client blog which now has alot more features and also supports also alot more newer mail server connection standards etc. Also there is a new 9.2 update with extra things.

Note: If you do update to a later eM Client version, backup eM Client first via “Menu / File / Backup” in V7 Incase you have any issues. You can then easily restore if needed.

Btw- These appear to be the Wildstream mail server settings and contact support page if you need them in the future.

https://www.windstream.com/support/my-account/email-101/server-settings-for-windstream-email

Incoming servers:

Outgoing servers:

• smtp.windstream.net

• port: (SSL) 465
    • port: 587
  • Both the incoming and outgoing servers will need to verify your full email address and password to work correctly so be sure you enable authentication on the outgoing server as well.

Wildstream contact support page.

https://www.windstream.com/support#contactUs