Email I send to myself goes to junk e-mail ONLY in eM Client, not in Outlook web

Been using eM Client for several months.  Suddenly a couple months ago any email I send to myself goes to the junk e-mail folder. This only happens in eM Client, not in Outlook Web. I checked the blacklist and the email address is not on there.  I even set up a rule to send any email from my address to the inbox and it still will not go to inbox. 

Possibly on a related note, I used to get facebook notifications via email for comment replies and 2 days ago this stopped completely.  Nothing in inbox, nothing even in the junk e-mail folder.  I assumed I had accidentally turned that feature off in facebook so I checked there and nothing has changed, notifications are on.  I again checked blacklist, not there, set up a rule and nothing is still coming in. 

Another issue I have though not sure if related, is recurring calendar events that I delete never stay deleted.  I wanted to buy the pro version so I could have all my email accounts in one spot but these issues are preventing me from doing so.

Any ideas or help?  Running eM Client 6.0.24928.0 on Windows 7.  Thanks.

Edited to add: Emails I send to myself that originate in Outlook Mail or Windows Live Mail will go to the inbox in eM Client, but emails originating in eM Client only go to Junk E-mail folder in all 3 applications.  So bizarre!

My experience is similar.  I can receive mail I send to myself directly but if I submit a posting to a list, I never receive those messages from the list.  

It is really getting frustrating.  I’ve since gone and deleted every blocked sender, safe sender, and all rules from both eM Client and the server side on Outlook web and it is still putting my emails into junk, no facebook notifications whatsoever, tons of junk in my inbox, and tons of safe email into junk.  Not going to spend any money here till this is resolved.

I wonder why no one can help me and Michael with this issue?  I have had this problem for about 2 months and have asked once before with no response. Is it only paying customers? I can’t pay for something that doesn’t work properly.  I want to upgrade to pro so I can have all my accounts in one place but won’t be doing it unless I can get resolution to this issue and the calendar issue I’ve also posted about before with no response.  Is there another way to get help besides posting on this forum?  Anyone?  Hellooooo??

Hello everybody,

We’re sorry for the inconvenience. If you’ve checked the blacklist in eM Client and your address is not there, we would please ask you to go to Menu -> Tools -> Settings -> Advanced -> Logging and turn on logging for Global - Rules and ‘IMAP’ or ‘Exchange Web Services’ for the account that has a problem with receiving the e-mails. Afterwards please try sending an e-mail to yourself again and when it lands in the Junk folder, please go again to Logging, click on Send Longs and send them to [email protected] with a link to this thread.

Thank you for understanding that no employee support is guaranteed for users with Free license. The support for Free version is mostly handled by the community forum and doesn’t get as much priority as the support of Pro users.

Regards,
Maurice

Hi Maurice,

Thank you for the response.  I didn’t realize that but it explains why I haven’t heard anything. I do understand, however, I also want to upgrade to pro but I’ve got to make sure it works before I do that.  I will send the logs straight away.

Sincerely,
Debbie

I’m having an issue sending you the logs.  When I went to do that, I got an error after I checked the 2 items to log and hit ok.  I did take a screen shot but I lost it at some point because it did a database check, said everything was ok, and opened eM Client and then within seconds closed again.  Every time I tried to open it, it wanted to do db check and then closed quickly.  I rebooted computer (probably when I lost the screen shot of the error) and it is still doing it.  I think I’m finally going to get this junk mail issue resolved and now I can’t even get into the program!

I just kept at it and it finally stayed open long enough to send you the logs.  Please let me know if you need anything else. Thanks!

FYI: When I send myself an email to and from my gmail address, it is delivered without a problem. My problem arises when I send a message to one specific listserv from my gmail address.  It does not get delivered, though it shows up in a digest version of the list.  I think the problem may be with how the listserv is configured.  I’m working with the list owner to try to figure that out. I’ve never heard of a list that would not send copies of messages back to the sender when it sends to everyone else on the list.  I don’t know why such functionality would ever be installed in the admin software.

Hello Michael,

Thank you for the update. Are you sending to this distribution list from webmail or from eM Client? Could you please tell us if you get an error of some kind? Does nobody on the list receive the message or do all members of the list receive it but you as the sender don’t get a copy? Are you on the list? Please let us know if you get an update from the list owner.

Thank you,
Maurice

Hello Debbie,

Thank you very much for the logs. We of course understand that you want to make sure the program works to your satisfaction before buying it, it is however not possible for us to provide guaranteed support for free users, nor is it usual in terms of services provided for non-paying users.

From looking at the logs, the e-mails from yourself ending up in junk folder are unfortunately a server issue so it will be necessary to contact the server support. It doesn’t happen in Windows Live Mail because your e-mail address (@msn) is hosted by Microsoft and Windows Live Mail is also owned by Microsoft. They use Exchange ActiveSync protocol to communicate. eM Client uses a different protocol - Exchange Web Services protocol, which they don’t seem to prioritize quite as much as ActiveSync…

About having trouble with opening the program - are you getting an error message of some kind? If you could try again to get a screenshot and post it, we’ll be able to have a look.

Thank you,
Maurice

I send from EMClient. I get no error message of any kind. I don’t know whether others on the list receive it, but the message shows up in the list’s daily digests.  I am subscribed to the list and receive everyone else’s messages.  The list is run by volunteers so getting a reliable answer is a challenge.  I will continue to pursue that.  
Thanks for your response. (PS: I am a pro-subscriber).

The list with which I am having this problem is a private Googlegroup.  I reviewed the settings in my account and discovered this message. I don’t know where to go next to resolve this issue.  I reset the bounce state.  I don’t understand where that bounce is being triggered.  Can you advise?

HERE IS THE GOOGLE MESSAGE:

We believe that emails to the following addresses are bouncing. This can occur when messages sent to your email account are being rejected by your mail server. Our servers periodically attempt to reactivate your account. We advise that you correct the problems below and then request that we try again by click the  Reset bounce state  action below. We will determine if your email account is bouncing the next time mail is sent to a group in which you are a member. Bouncing email:  [email protected]
Received on:  Monday, January 2, 2017 at 6:31:40 AM UTC-8 (3 hours ago)
Your message cannot be delivered to the following recipients:

Thanks for getting back to me, Maurice.  I am not currently using Windows Live Mail.  I used to use it.  I was exclusively using eM Client since May until this issue cropped up and I went to Outlook Web Access as well as WLM just to test what would happen if the email originated from there instead of eMC.  OWA doesn’t put it in junk; according to my settings OWA is using Exchange Web Services, so why would it do something different if it’s the same protocol as eMC?

Thanks,
Debbie

Hello Debbie,

We understand the frustration of seeing the same thing work in OWA, information about what protocol OWA uses to communicate is however not public, we don’t know if they use EWS.

With apologies
Maurice

Ok so even if I upgrade to the Pro version, this will still be an issue in EMC? 
Thanks,
Debbie

Hello Michael,

We’re sorry but this is unfortunately something that is necessary to solve with google, it doesn’t have anything to do with eM Client. We hope you get this issue resolved.

Regards,
Maurice

I guess that answers that!  Thanks for your help.