Email header description too big

Hello all,

Thank you for your feedback.
This is a known feature request and we’ll consider it while developing the new updates.

Russel

1 Like

Please tell us Russel when you make this improvement - I’d like to purchase emclient and make it my default when this wasted space can be removed or at least minimised.
Thanks.

1 Like

It’s been more than a year, are there any updates on this very simple feature request?

Basically it’s just a setting to reduce the size of the message panel header, nothing fancy so I’m not sure why it still has not been implemented, since it’s obviously an issue for multiple users including myself who Googled for an answer and ended up here.

This is one of the reasons I haven’t committed to the pro version; the development team constantly overlooks prioritizing simple quality of life issues, and as for “development” I’m not sure I’ve seen any kind of real improvement to the original product over the years.

1 Like

I’m still waiting…

I wouldn’t hold your breath. emClient are not exactly renound for implementing very many “Customer Feature Requests”

Have you tried putting the message preview on the right?

Are you using scaling in your OS display properties. If you set that to 100%, does it make any difference?

Not much difference with scaling changes, but for me the change in orientation is very distracting and lowers my productivity.

For as long as I’ve been using email, I’ve always had my message panel below, I don’t see why I should be forced to change the way I use my email client just because the developers refuse to prioritize a simple header size change.

As soon as I find the time to source for an email client that fits my needs and have a development team that cares about their customers’ requests, I’m done with em client.

2 Likes

I did just that - there are several without that silly problem. Better not mention them here.

2 Likes

No, please, do mention them. I love emClient for many reasons, but the dang header eats up fully 1/3 of the message screen space. For no reason at all.

PLEASE, EmClient, give us the chance to change this in Theme Edit or some other way!! PLEASE.

1 Like

Just Google eg ‘free email programs’ - I try them all out - they each have their advantages.

emClient is excellent to install - sets itself up. I put it on a lot of PCs in my retirement village as it is so simple & reliable. I don’t currently use it because of the space wastage at the top.
I currently use OE Classic, Foxmail & Mailbird.

I’m having the same problem. The headers are much bigger than necessary and there’s lots of blank area. Sure would be nice if they’d make them smaller.

2 Likes

Oh my God!!!
I thought I was alone but no!
So developers, please make an option with a header 3 times smaller, a line or 2 maximum.
Yes, I read my messages at the bottom and I don’t want to change!
Your email client is probably the best there is, but you’re wasting your excellent work by taking up too much space with this damn header.
Please do something.
Thanks in advance.
Breizhspirit

1 Like

Very well said BUT I think it is clear by now that they don’t want to know, they can’t care if we use the program or not.
As I’ve listed before, there are several alternatives at least as good without this ignorant fault.

Problem solved. Go to Settings/Accessibility/Text Size. Open eM client in an adjacent window. Reduce Text Size and hit Apply. Header will reduce in size. It will reduce the text size everywhere, but eM client is usable.