Email delivery failure (mail authentication issue)

Hello,

I use eM client version 9.2.1577 (9f64452) and I have been having an issue sending emails to Gmail addresses for a few days.

The error message I get is “You message to XXX (email address) has been blocked.” and below:
“550 5.7.26 This mail is unauthenticated, which poses a security risk to the sender and Gmail users, and has been blocked. The sender must authenticate with at least one of SPF or DKIM. For this message, DKIM checks did not pass and SPF check for [domain name] did not pass with ip: [XXX]. The sender should visit Prevent mail to Gmail users from being blocked or sent to spam - Gmail Help for instructions on setting up authentication.”

However, I have no issue sending the emails directly using gmail in my browser.
And it worked perfectly beforehand using eM client.

Thanks for your help.

DKIM and SPF are settings on your email provider’s server. You will need to contact them so they can fix this. Once they have, you should be able to send again to Gmail addresses.

Yes I’ve found this happened with some very old mail providers sending / forwarding email to my Gmail and Outlook.com and unfortunately alot of the older mail providers I found (don’t want to fix the problem) due to they have to upgrade mail servers etc. So for those contacts I’ve got them to send from alternative newer email addresses.

Hi Gary, I’m getting this problem emailing customers back at work, whenever it’s sending to gmail addresses, nine times out of ten it bounces back with that mail delivery error message.

So this is not a problem with em-client, it’s a problem with gmail? How have they not fixed this?

Thanks

If it has to do with DKIM and SPF, that is a server issue with your email provider. Send the error message to your email provider and they will know what to do. Once they have fixed their server, you will be able to send to Gmail addresses again.