email Compose Default Font NOT Changing

emClient version 7.1.30794.0
I go to Tools - Settings - Mail - Preferred Style and I set MY desired font. I click on “Apply”, then click on “Okay”. Just as soon as I start a NEW email, the font is NOT my selected default. When I compose, sometimes the font does change but NEVER to my selected default. Reading similar posts in this forum shows me that this has been an ongoing problem for at least 4 years now. Why can’t the application be permanently fixed? A user may expect their email application to perform in this manner if it is a “freebie” but not when we pay good money for a good email client application.

Are you choosing the preferred font under Read or Compose?

When you start a new email, is the drop-down showing your preferred font as the default, or is it not listed there?

I got the same problem as Larry said. Maybe a little different. Just for a test, I send a email to myself.  When I copy this message in the box, it totally shows another font.

Any ideas about this issue?

Hi Rick. Looks like your other email client may have settings that ignore or override the HTML. Or did you send it as plain text maybe. But it is never certain that what you see before you send is what will be seen at the other end. AirMail is a prime example of formatting that does not play well with others.

Otherwise it seems most clients do a pretty good job with emails composed in eM Client.

Hi Gary,

You can easily reproduce this issue with a Gmail account. Never mind. Finally, I figure it out that this issue is related to google web mail. Anyway, thanks for your support.

Yes, it seems GMail ignores the body { font-family: … style tag in the message header, and replaces it with the font configured by the user in GMail settings. This is not specific to eM Client. GMail ignores other client’s tags in the same way.

Any text that you do specify different fonts for, while composing the message in eM Client, are honoured though. Probably because the font tag is in the body and not the header.

Thank you. I agree.

Hi Gary, I have the same issue. I change the preferred font in _Compose_ section (to Calibri one), but when starting a new email, the font remains the same (Times New Roman)

That could be because of a template, or if you are composing your message in plain text.

If you have any templates, disable them in Menu > Tools > Settings > Mail > Templates and Signatures. 

To check if you are composing in plain text, go to Menu > Tools  Settings > Mail > Compose > Mail Format and make sure that new mail format is HTML.

I have disabled the template (which I created before in hope to fix the issue), and I changed the new mail format to HTML, but the result is the same. As a side note, I wonder if I compose the new mail in plain text, why the font window is still available?

I have disabled the template (which I created before in hope to fix the issue), and I changed the new mail format to HTML, but the result is the same. As a side note, I wonder if I compose the new mail in plain text, why is the font window still available?