eMail client wont start up

After 6 months of working fine it no longer opens up. I get a message saying that it wasn’t closed down correctly the last time so it needs to perform checks to ensure that my data has not been compromised. It quickly does the check, finds no problem then shuts down the box. Same thing happens every time I click on the icon to open up eM client. So I can’t open up eMail. Can anyone help? Thanks

I had a similar problem. You might try starting up eM Client in offline mode by temporarily disabling your internet connection. In my case I knew what email was causing issues and deleted it (iCloud IMAP account)

Could be there is some error with the database. 

There are a few options:

1. Uninstall eM Client, making sure NOT to delete the database folder when asked, then download and install the latest version from the Release History. See if that makes any difference.

2. Delete the database then restore from your most recent backup. To do that, go to C:\Users_yourusername_\AppData\Roaming\ and delete the eM Client folder. You may have to enable hidden items in Windows Explorer to get there. Restart eM Client and cancel the setup wizard, then go to Menu > File > Restore.

1. Delete the database and start again. If your messages, contacts and calendars are synced with a server, it is probably easiest to just delete the database and start from scratch.  Delete the database folder as in 2 above, then after restarting eM Client, setup your email accounts. Wait for the data to sync from the server.

Thanks for your suggestions. I was a little worried about uninstalling in case it lost my data. So instead I went to download it again and it obviously recognised that it was already installed and gave me the option to repair, which I did and it solved the problem. Thanks again for your responses.