Email client update

Hi all, every time my email askes me to install the latest update it comes back with the message that it can’t delete the old version and therefore can’t install the update. I am obviously computer illiterate. Help

Hi @teoberden.
Open eM Client, at the top left click on “Menu” a list opens, click on “settings”. Find and click on “Backup” in “Destination directory” click on the 3 dots and choose where you want to save that backup, which includes emails, accounts, etc. (Save it e.g. to Documents, Desktop, etc.
Once the backup is done (it is saved in a zip file, do not unzip it). Completely uninstall eM Client from your computer, you can use any uninstaller.
After eM Client is uninstalled, restart your computer. Then go to this link and download the latest version of eM Client: Release History | eM Client
You can download for Windows or for Mac.
Install the new version, it will prompt you to create an email account, click skip. Now you will see that you do not have your email accounts, data, etc. Click on Menu above in the list that appears, put the mouse on “File” to the right you will see several options, click on the one that indicates “Restore…” Now eM Client will try to find the backup that you created before to uninstall the other version. If eM Client does not find it, tell it where it is saved, remember, it is a zip file (do not unzip it). And now it will start loading all the data and configurations that you had before.
All the best.

Hi I’ve backed up my old eMail version but it does not let me uninstall the old version. It says “the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable”?

I appreciate your advise

@theoberden

The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable”?

The below website has various options to help “with that specific error” you are getting.

You will see the first method option in that solution is to try the Microsoft troubleshooter tool. So suggest to (try that first if you are not competent in editing the Microsoft registry) and “reboot after running the troubleshooter tool”.

If then running the Microsoft troubleshooting tool and then rebooting your computer afterwards still gives you the same error, then you might need someone to help you with the other options in that link below which are more complicated.

“The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable”

https://thegeekpage.com/the-feature-you-are-trying-to-use-in-on-a-network-resource-that-is-unavailable-in-windows-10-fix/