Email appearing but content not downloading

Hi,

I am experiencing issues with emails appearing, however the content of the email cannot be downloaded. It appears as “loading attachments” regardless of whether the emails have content and/or any attachments.

I have uninstalled the email account and reinstalled without any success. Any assistance would be appreciated. 

Julia

Re-installing eM Client probably won’t have any affect as you will still be using the same database. There are a few things you can try:

One is to select the offline option in your account settings. That will ensure that the message with all its embedded content is downloaded when the message arrives. So when you click on the message it should all be there, except for linked content which will still need to be downloaded. You can change this setting in Menu > Tools > Accounts , then on the IMAP tab for your account.

Another possibility is that the message cache could be corrupt, so you need to repair the folder that the messages are in. To do that right-click on the folder and choose Properties > Repair.

Thank you. Have tried both of these without any success unfortunately.

OK, a more aggressive solution is to remove your account from eM Client, then add it again.

I did that too but it didn’t work either. I’ve also tried turning off anti-virus software in case it was inadvertently putting up a firewall but that made no difference.  

You can also delete the database and start again. Just be aware that any local data will be lost, so make a backup (Menu > File > Backup) before you do this. To delete the database, close eM Client, and then delete C:\Users[username]\AppData\Roaming\eM Client. You may have to show hidden items in Explorer to do that. When you restart eM Client setup your account.

One other thing that can happen is when you have not selected to download for offline use, and the message has been restored from a backup after it has been deleted from the server, then the message will not be complete. You can check this anyway by opening the email through the web interface for your email account. If the content is not there in the web interface, there is nothing that can be done. 

Other than all of the above, the only other reason I can think of is that there could be linked content which is no longer available. If you would like me to take a look at one of these emails, send me a copy. In eM Client right-click on the message and choose Forward as attachment. Send it to me [email protected]