EM will not load

Installed EM 3 days ago and transferred all my emails from Thunderbird. Now EM will not load. Running DB check tool from Windows (7) Explorer generates the following:

System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException: The database file is locked
database is locked
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Step(SQLiteStatement stmt)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader…ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection.Open()
at DbRepair.DbTools.OpenConnection(String fileName)
at DbRepair.Form1.CheckCorruption()
at DbRepair.Form1.Check(Object state)

Any ideas how to resolve this or if not how I can retrieve my emails? If contact by email please use:
[email protected]

Thank you

There are three things you can do to remedy this situation:

1. Go to Start -> Run and type the following:
    “C:\Program Files\eM Client\DbRepair.exe” /checkall
    or alternatively, if you use 64-bit system:
    “C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client\DbRepair.exe” /checkall

2. Download a tool from http://www.emclient.com/tools/DbRepai… and run it.

After this action eM Client should start up normally. If does not, you will have to delete the database and restore

your data from backup.This will remove all your settings and local items though!

Database location:
C:\Users%Current User%\AppData\Roaming\eM Client (Vista/Win7)
C:\Documents and Settings%Current User%\Application Data\eM Client (XP)

If you do not have backup file this might be a problem (you can learn a lesson from that), but you can try

following trick: Leave the error message open and go to Settings -> General -> uncheck "Send and receive messages

at startup" -> restart eM Client -> export all your emails, contacts, tasks end events.
I hope it will help.

Hi George

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately none of the “Repair” tools help nor had I been able to do a backup as I had only just transferred the data from Thunderbird when the problem arose! Also I do not get the error message when I start EM Client - I get nothing when I try and start the program. The hour-glass appears for about 6 seconds then disappears and nothing happens. Therefore I cannot try your last suggestion. As I said, I ran the Repair programs from Explorer. So unless someone can help me resolve this I wasted 3 hours on Saturday transferring my data. Not very encouraging is it?

Regards

James Dickin

Hello,
I am sorry for the late response - did you resolve it? If you still have your data in thunderbird, you can try to rename eM Client’s database folder from “eM Client” to “eM Client backup”, run eM Client and try to import your data again.

Hi George

I replied directly to your email on 8 June - instead of via this forum - so you probably didn’t get it. Sorry.

I actually advised you I had given up and was trying Zimbra. However, I have to say that Zimbra has too many problems for me and you will be pleased I decided to try eM again. Having uninstalled the software I downloaded it again and it installed without problems AND found the emails I had spent ages transferring from Thunderbird. So I just needed to transfer the ones for the past week or so and I was up and running. So I am quite impressed now. I do have a couple of minor issues - do you prefer I raise them separately?

Regards

james Dickin