Em not show text of emails AND not downloading attachements from Bluehost

I just set up a Bluehost account (for my new job) and I’m unable to see text in the body of the emails (often) and many of the attachments show up as “unnamed” and are htm files…even when the source was pdf. I’ve reset the privacy settings…still, no luck

Hello, unfortunately I’m not quite sure what you’re referring to, can you please make a screenshot of the issue and submit it to us here on forum? What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About? Are you using a POP or an IMAP account while synchronising your folders with the mail server?

Regards,

Here ya go?

I checked with the sender of each of these emails. Each should have had more text in the body AND the attachments had names and were not htm files

Hello, does this occur with all messages that contain attachments or just specific ones for example from a specific sender? Are these sent from Mail App on Mac or iPhone possibly? What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About? Are you using a POP or an IMAP account?

Regards,

It happens randomly. It seems that these messages all have an attachment of some kind. At the same time, I have messages with the same attachments and the body of the message is there. Further, I have another account (my personal gmail) on this same Em Client and i do not have this problem with that email. This is a new job where they have decided to use Bluehost.

the one email with the larger number of attachments…those were all pdf. When I log onto Bluehost directly, I can see everything… so, it’s down to Em client :slight_smile:

I’m afraid this is more likely a server issue, please can you check the exact release number of your eM Client installation in Help > About? Are you using a POP or an IMAP account?  Please enable logging for your mail service (either POP or IMAP) in the advanced application settings and replicate the issue.

Once the issue reoccurs and you receive a new email like this, restart the application and go back to the advanced settings window to submit the logging data. Please use the send mail button and include an example of the invalid message by drag and dropping the message onto the message with your logging data.

Submit the logs to my work mail at [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic for more information about the issue.

Regards,

I just tried this…Em Crashed! This is so frustrating! I just had an exchange with my superior. I sent an email to ask a question. It arrived at his place BLANK. i switched to gmail and he receive the email. BUT when he responded, I only received his answer and not the conversation. When I checked the WEB APPLICATIONS for each of these serviced…all email is intact. This appears to be an Em Client issue.

Please help. I love the program but am now starting to not trust that I’m getting full communication.

Again, I followed your steps and the program crashed!

Hello Tim, without answering the questions above I’m unable to help you resolve the problem, please read through my previous post and share more details about your setup and your current installation.

Thanks,

Im using an IMAP account (defaulted there on set up) and the latest version picture is attached.

Hello Tim,
we still cannot help you if you don’t send us the Logs so we can analyze the problem.

Turn on logging if you haven’t done so, and when this issue reoccurs, submit the logging data. It would also help us if you forwarded an example of an invalid message.

Send this to Paul or to me ([email protected]).

Best regards,
Olivia

Obviously I cannot do this because your email program crashes when I attempt it. (See my earlier email) Perhaps a refund is a simpler solution and I’ll jump back to Outlook.

Hello Tim,
if you purchased a PRO licence for eM Client you should have contacted PRO support service (http://support.emclient.com) which is available to you, and we could have approached your issue more quickly and with remote assistance from our Support Engineers. I’m afraid I can’t help you with a refund or without a Log on a forum designed for FREE licence users.

Best regards,
Olivia

Hi Olivia. The link you embedded sends me to the “knowledge base.” Not any help at all. Perhaps, you would notify someone in Pro Support that one of their paying customers needs some help and they could contact me. I continue to jump through hoops to get help. The experience, as you might have caught, is turning sour.

Thank you

Tim Maranville

Tim,
to access PRO support, you need to login at the page I sent you to. If that is too much of a hassle, please send me an email to [email protected] so I can forward your email contact to the PRO support.

Best wishes,
Olivia