eM is trying to set up a GoDaddy account as a IMAP account.

eM is trying to set up a GoDaddy - i.e., pop.secureserver.com - Pop3 account as a IMAP account. I have deleted this account numerous times, allowed it autoconfigure, but there must be remnants of the account in either registry or on eM client because it continues giving me a credential error message. I have another goDaddy account, which is my default one that works perfectly with the client. But I need a solution for the sub-account. Thank you, and Happy New Years.

Hi Dennis, not completely sure if I understand, are you suggesting that after using the automatic seutp, eM Client tries to setup your account using the pop server address as an IMAP account?

If so, I’m afraid this might be a server issue as the autodiscover won’t be setup correctly on your account, but you can try to setup the account manually, instead of using the automatic setup, please switch to the mail tab below and select “other”. 

Proceed with the steps and setup your account using the recommended server settings.

Thank you,
Paul

Please be more specific, and provide step by step directions for your fix. Thank you very much.

Open eM client and navigate to Tools > Accounts > New Account > Mail > Other, and setup your account using the recommended IMAP or POP and SMTP settings for your account.

If eM Client tries to setup an IMAP account while trying to use a POP3 server address, the autodiscover is broken on your server and you’ll have to contact your mail service support in order to resolve the issue.

Regards,
Paul

Thanks, Paul. Unfortunately the fix doesn’t work. I tried numerous times. When I run diagnostics using “legacy” settings its says “fixed,” but returns an error message when the client attempts to fetch e-mail from pop.secureserver.com (GoDaddy). I have referred the bug to our webmaster who deals directly with GoDaddy.

Hi Dennis, thank you for the follow-up, I believe this indeed is a server issue, please make sure to let us know if I can be any further assistance.

Regards,
Paul

Since many different web based clients  - i.e., Gmail, Yahoo and GoDaddy - were involved, I believe that eM has to accept some responsibility to provide a fix.

Hi again Dennis, not completely sure what you’re referring to, are you having this issue with other mail services as well, if I understand this correctly when setting up a GoDaddy account (only this account), your server address is not setup correctly.

If you’re unable to fetch new messages even after setting up the account using the manual account and your server address doesn’t work, this is most probably a server issue and your autodiscover feature is not working correctly (server issue).

Please contact GoDaddy’s support in order to resolve the issue.

Thank you,
Paul

I clearly explained that GoDaddy is not the only account eM is misconfiguring. Yahoo, Gmail is also experiencing problems.

What version of eM Client do you have currently installed on your computer, can you check for the exact version number in Help > About? Can you please make a screenshot of your account settings from Tools > Accounts > Your account(s) > IMAP.

To clearly see the incorrect setup, caused after using the automatic setup with eM Client?

Thank you,
Paul