eM Clienton Android - Per account notifications?

eM Client 10.0.1878 on Android 13

Is there a way to set up different notification sounds for each account configured in emc? All I can find is the system-level notifications and it’s one for email, period. In AquaMail (and maybe in K9?) I could specify a unique tone per account.

Thanks.

You can change the sounds in the OS app settings, and have them customised per account. Just select eM Client > Notifications (> Notification Categories). It may be slightly different depending on the Android version you have.

Then tap on Mail for the specific account.

@Gary

I don’t have those options in my eM Client Droid app to modify the notifications for the various accounts as you advised.

What version of eM Client do you have ?

Its not part of eM Client. It is in the app settings in Android.

Choose Settings > Apps > eM Client > Notifications. Then maybe Notification Categories depending on the Android version.

1 Like

@Gary

Ok thanks for that. That option was not enabled on our Samsung mobiles in OS Settings. Finally got them enabled and customised them as you advised. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, I’ve done that. But it’s global for all accounts as far as I can determine. There’s no differentiation between accounts, just “mail”. Am I missing something?

Also, I’ve just ordered a Samsung S23 FE to replace my Pixel 4a, so I might get different options, who knows.

EDIT - Never mind, I just saw it. I have to choose the appropriate account first. Thanks.

Problem with the sending mail notification sounds.

I can get the receiving mail account notifications to work “with any sound file I choose”, but I cannot get any of the sending mail account notifications to work no matter which sound I choose from ?

They all preview ok and the volume slider is fully up, but “no sending mail sound ever plays after the email is sent”. Using Samsung S22 Ultra & Samsung Fold 3 with OS14 and eM Client Droid app V10.0.1878

Example below of my sent mail notification sound setup for my eg: @live.com account. My Gmail account also has exactly the same setup “but also doesn’t play sending mail notification sounds”.

Is there a reason anyone can see why I can’t turn off notifications for one particular account? It’s a Hotmail account. I can turn notifications off for all others but I don’t get the option for that account.

OK… I’ve just replaced my Google Pixel 4a with a Samsung S23 FE. It’s been about seven years since I had a Samsung – Can anyone point me to where I can find this (per account) pref in Samsung settings?

Android 14, by the way.

Thanks.

Found it – This must be enabled in the advanced notifications configuration. Then individual accounts cab be done.

Problem with the "sending mail notification sounds not playing on Droid V10.0.2080 mobile app

eM Client support advised I am not hearing sounds for sent mail notifications in the Mobile Droid app, because the app “needs to be running in the background” and I keep it open while working on emails so I never heard sent mail notifications.

I presumed “from a user point of view” that if I enabled sounds for sending in the OS eM Client app, I would hear it shortly after the email had been sent while I still have the mobile app open using it.

Yes you currently see the banner that “the message will be sent shortly”, but you also expect the sent notification sound to play after it sends mail.

So the only way atm to hear the sent notification sound, is compose the email and then quickly go back to the Droid home screen leaving the app running. You then hear the sent notification sound. Then reopen the mobile app to continue your emails.

So there doesn’t seem to me much point enabling a sound notification for sending mail “when you are using the mail program in the foreground” as you will never hear the sound playing for sending at all.

I would like to see the mobile app modified to have an option to play the sent mail notification while open in the foreground, or while in the background.

I’ve not noticed that because I don’t have sending notifications enabled. Too many notifications in general, anyway. But I still have to swipe the outbox to make it send.