eM Client works perfect on one computer, but doesn't send emails on the other [identical account settings]

Hello all - I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction on this.  I have downloaded eM Client onto two computers, both pointing to the same gmail account.  On one computer, eM Client works perfectly.  On the other computer, eM Client receives emails perfectly, but I get an error every single time I attempt to send an email.  This is the error:

• [SMTP] An attempt to connect to {my gmail address} failed.  This could be caused by temporary server unavailability or incorrect settings.  Do you want to check the settings?

The account settings on both computers are identical.  The only thing that was different between the 2 computers is that one did not previously have Microsoft Outlook installed (that is the on where eM Client works), and the other did with Outlook as the default email app.  For what it is worth, I was able to have a friend replicate this exact error.

Thanks!
Bob

Hi Bob, are you able to send the email out? This error is usually caused by a minor connectivity issues, and it should be nothing to worry about if the client is working properly.
What version of eM Client are you using on both of your computers?

Thank you,
Paul.

Thanks Paul - No, I am not ever able to send any emails out on the one computer.  Every single time I get the error, as does my friend.  I have replicated this well over a hundred times and I do not believe it is because of any temporary connectivity issues.  Receiving emails works fine.  I excitedly updated to the latest version yesterday hoping that would address things (6.0.20498.0), but still no luck.  

Thanks again,
Bob

Are you using any firewall/antivirus with email protection on your computer with these issues?

Thank you,
Paul.

Thanks Paul - I was able to fix the issue based on your suggestion.  The computer that was causing the issues with eM Client has McAfee antivirus installed on it.    I did the following to fix things:

1. I went to the McAfee VirusScan Console and double-clicked on ‘Access Protection’
  2. clicked on “Anti-virus Standard Protection”
  3. highlighted “Prevent mass mailing worms from sending mail”
  4. clicked ‘Edit’
  5. added “MailClient.exe” in the “Processes to exclude” box

So far, eM Client seems to be working perfectly on both computers.  Thanks!

Hi Bob,

Great that eM Client is working for you now!

Thanks for sharing your detailed solution.

Hi Bob, great, I’m glad that it works.
Unfortunately some antivirus software as is McAffee, can sometime interfere with eM Client’s ability to send out or receive email.
Glad you’ve found the solution.

Let us know if you come across any other issues or questions, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.