eM Client won't "uninitialize", preventing computer shutdown, EVEN AFTER UNINSTALLING!

Hi Chris, what version of eM Client are you currently using?
Can you download this tool (http://www.emclient.com/tools/emstackdump.exe) and run it when the issue is present?

This will generate an output (“Dump File”), can you send me this file to [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul.

I have exactly the same problem on my home laptop which is extremely frustrating as I use EM Client every day on my business PC and have done for several years.  It also runs fine on my wife’s laptop, but sadly, she doesn’t appreciate what a great piece of software it is.

I have just upgraded to Windows 10 and downloaded EM Client 6 after setting up a restore point.  Yet again the problem occurred exactly as described by Chris above, so I removed it by going back to my restore point as it’s almost impossible to uninstall.  I suspect this may be part of the problem.

Can you help me please??

Cheers
Gavin

Hello, what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About? Or are you unable to initialise the application using your current windows 10 installation?

Regards,

Hi Paul.

Yes it won’t initialise is the problem in Win 10 as was the problem in Win 7 which I was running up until yesterday.  However, the version that gave me the same problem would have been older as I gave up on it at least 8 months ago. The version I downloaded yesterday is the current download from your website.

The version my wife is using successfully on her laptop with Win 8.1 is 6.0.22344.0

Hope you can help me resolve this.

Regards
Gavin

Hello, can you please try to update your eM Client to this release, 6.0.22930.0 and check if the issue persists?

Regards,

Hi Paul.

Yes I will try to do that tonight.

Regards

Hi Paul.

Reverted to Windows 7 as I didn’t like the look of Win 10 - too much like Win 8. I then downloaded the version from your link but it still wouldn’t initialise. I tried to load it again but neither repair nor remove the programme options would work as it said another programme (EM Client) was initialising.

Frustrating…

Regards 

Hello Gavin, as I suggested if there’s another instance running, run the eM Client stack dump tool, after you close the application and a running instance is still visible in the Task Manager (thus eM Client can’t load another instance).

Send me the stack dump file to my work mail with a reference link to this forum topic in order to resolve this issue.

Regards

Hi Paul.  What is your work email address please?  I’ve managed to download a dump file (sorry, I’m a wee bit IT-challenged!).

Regards
Gavin

Hello as suggested above, submit requested data to [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Regards,

Hi Paul, I have been having the exact same ‘EMCLIENT WILL NOT UNINITIALIZE’ issue – have you found any solutions to this problem ?

Hello, as suggested above, please create an eM Client stack dump using the stack dump utility suggested in the above post, and update your eM client to the latest release (6.0.23181.0), if the process is running in the Task Manager after closing the app, please run the utility and stack dump will be created in your documents folder, submit the file to my work mail with a reference link to this forum topic for more information about the issue.

Regards,

Hi Paul.  Have you made any progress on this issue?  My wife’s laptop is now not initializing which means she can’t access important emails and is getting grumpy with me for introducing her to your program.

Regards
Gavin

Paul, please discount the comment regarding my wife’s laptop - she just wasn’t allow the database check enough time to complete.

Regards
Gavin