eM Client won't start part 2

When I try to start eM Client I get the following error message:

“Database verification and repairing failed. Please contact the support team at [email protected] and include your contact information, so we can get back to you.”

I have tried downloading the latest version and doing a repair but that also failed.

This the second time in about a month that this has happened. The first time I had to completely remove the program including the database and then reload it and set everything up from scratch. Looks like I will have to go through all that all over again. Starting to wonder if this is worth the hassle…

I had the same long time ago. i am not sure, but i think i renamed MailClient.dll.config in the instal folder to MailClient.dll.config.old en the problem was solved. You can give it a try.

No, this is not the same thing.

If the database repair failed, this usually means that the database is heavily corrupted so there are few options.

Some users have found that restarting Windows, making sure all pending updates are applied, or restarting eM Client a few times resolves the issue, but otherwise:

1. If you have a recent backup, you can delete the current eM Client database, then restore the backup and eM Client should start working again without any problems.

2. If you don’t have a backup, but all your data is synced with servers, then you can delete the database and start over. After adding your accounts, eM Client will resync with the server.

By default, the database is stored at C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\eM Client. You may have to enable hidden items in Windows Explorer to get there. I suggest just renaming the eM Client folder, rather than deleting it, until everything is working again.

I uninstalled eM Client once again and re-added my email accounts. BTW, the update for automatically adding the Yahoo mail account never has worked for me. I have always had to use the long method to add that account and had to do so again today.

What are the usual causes for a “heavily corrupted” database?

SQLite is quite resilient to corruption, but everything can happen: How To Corrupt An SQLite Database File
Most problems are from computer restart or hardware failures (like RAM or disk problems).

1 Like