eM Client won't recognize the backup zip file when I try to restore my data on a new computer

I have downloaded the Em Client to my new computer. It is the same version as on my old computer. I have transferred the back up zip file with my data on to my new computer ( I have transferred the data from a USB flashdrive and from my online backup). When I try to restore on my new computer, Em Client won’t recognize the back up file. It says “backup directory is not found. Please select another location.” However, the back up file is in the same path or location as where the back up takes place. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the software twice.

jueves 08 diciembre 2022 :: 1814hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hey @punkadue

Here is what I suggest you do:

Completely delete eMC from new computer and then reinstall

1./ Make another backup on old computer (Menu ->Backup)
2./ Copy this latest backup to your new computer on a USB (the zip file nothing else)
3./ Default Backup location on both is Documents/em Client unless you have changed
4./ Restore to new computer (Menu ->File ->Restore

That is it!

¡Buena suerte!

¡Saludos desde Sevilla la soleada en España!

skybat

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

Oh my gosh! I could hug your right now! You are the only one that mentioned that the back up location was Documents/em Client. Once I made sure that was the back up path, it restored with no problem. I have been trying to do this for 3 days. Even tech support wasn’t helping. Thank you so much!!!

jueves 08 diciembre 2022 :: 2047hrs (UTC +01:00)

Thanks for your kind words - to hug me you will need to come to Spain.

¡Buena suerte!

¡Saludos desde Sevilla la soleada en España!

skybat

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

2 Likes

A virtual hug, especially after that Spain cruel exit from the WC.

Saludos desde la soleada Villamarique de la Condesa, Sevilla. ¡Pero estamos teniendo nuestra lluvia de invierno esta semana! :grimacing:

sábado 10 diciembre 2022 :: 0727hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hey @rafikiphoto

Sí, lo sé, pero hoy estoy en Valencia y la previsión es de un día soleado.

¡Buena suerte!

¡Saludos desde Valencia la soleada en España!

skybat

[email protected]