eM client won't load

I had been using trial version of eM client - it installed an update and now won’t load?  Have tried uninstalling and re-installing but with no luck.  Want to purchase license but don’t want to do so until I know that I will have a working copy.

Hello Jess,
what exactly happens when you try to open it? Was there any error during the update?
I suggest trying to uninstall using the installation MSI from our page (just download it from our website - http://www.emclient.com/download).
If the same version is installed, it should give you the option to remove eM Client. After it does, try installing it anew.

Regards,
Olivia

Olivia help me please:
System.TypeInitializationException: Une exception a été levée par l’initialiseur de type pour ‘System.Transactions.Diagnostics.DiagnosticTrace’. —> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Échec de l’initialisation du système de configuration —> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Élément racine manquant. (C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Config\machine.config) —> System.Xml.XmlException: Élément racine manquant.   à System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   à System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowWithoutLineInfo(String res)
   à System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
   à System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   à System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
   à System.Configuration.XmlUtil…ctor(Stream stream, String name, Boolean readToFirstElement, ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors)
   à System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.InitConfigFromFile()
   — Fin de la trace de la pile d’exception interne —
   à System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean ignoreLocal)
   à System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors)
   à System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfInitErrors()
   à System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.EnsureInit(String configKey)
   à System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.EnsureInit(String configKey)
   à System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.PrepareClientConfigSystem(String sectionName)
   à System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigSystem.GetSection(String sectionName)
   à System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.GetSection(String sectionName)
   à System.Configuration.PrivilegedConfigurationManager.GetSection(String sectionName)
   à System.Diagnostics.DiagnosticsConfiguration.GetConfigSection()
   à System.Diagnostics.DiagnosticsConfiguration.Initialize()
   à System.Diagnostics.DiagnosticsConfiguration.get_Sources()
   à System.Diagnostics.TraceSource.Initialize()
   à System.Diagnostics.TraceSource.get_Switch()
   à System.Transactions.Diagnostics.DiagnosticTrace…cctor()
   à System.Transactions.Transaction.get_Current()
   à System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection.Open()
   à DbRepair.DbTools.OpenConnection(String fileName)
   à DbRepair.Form1.CheckCorruption()
   à DbRepair.Form1.Check(Object state)

thanks a lot

Hello,
seems like your database is corrupted. Does this error happen at a startup?
Im afraid you’ll need to start over with a new database (and reload from a backup, if you made any).
Your database is located in the C:\Users\ your windows user account \AppData\Roaming\eM Client folder

Regards,
Olivia