em client will not stop resending failing email, giving error and preventing any other emails from sending

I accidentally mangled a recipient name when sending an email.  Em client gave an error (which it should) but since that happened, now I can’t send any emails at all.  I keep getting that error for that original email which failed, so it is trying to resend it…but I can locate that “bad” email NOWHERE.  It isn’t in outbox, drafts, nowhere.  I have no idea how placate em client or remove that bad email…em client seems forever stuck, holding on to it secretly, trying to send it when I try to send anything else, failing, and preventing any other emails from going out. I have researched this a good deal of time; it is not authentication, it is not in my local folders…it seems like a genuine bug.

It would be helpful if you could post the error you received. You will find it in the Operations window. Menu > Tools > Operations. Then in the Log tab, you can select the appropriate lines, and right-click and copy.

But without that I would say that the message is in an Outbox somewhere, either on your server, or in Local Folders. If you can’t see Local Folders, you can enable them in Menu > Tools > Settings > General > Show Local Folders.

But if you say it is not there, then it is not there. One thing you can try is to close eM Client and run C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client\DbRepair.exe.

ok, so I just resolved this…when I closed em client, it warned me that there were unsent emails in my Outbox (my outbox was empty per my searches previously, and I did have “see local” on).  But suddenly, under “SmarFolders” there was an Outbox (which I had not seen before).  And there were, inside, those bad emails along with many good ones that were stuck.  I deleted the bad ones, and the good ones now sent. 

While this is resolved, I think we may have an em client glitch…my outbox was empty before closing, I checked many times. And, anyway, is it really good policy to restrict all emails if there is even one with an issue?