eM Client will not connect to gmail account - authentication fails

eM Client will not connect to my gmail account so will not sync contacts or calendar. This is the main reason I switched from Outlook to eM Client. It will not accept my identity credentials–authentication failed. I have checked and rechecked to make sure I have entered them correctly but have not been successful.

I have read the responses from a couple of other questions on this same topic. None of them have a solution. This is a critical issue and certainly will affect my decision to move to a paid version. Please advise.

Have you gone into your tools/accounts/calendar and contacts and enabled the service?

It’s in trying to enable it that the problem occurs. LIke I said, it is rejecting my user ID and/or password, both of which I am using correctly.

My son just solved the problem! The problem is Google’s 2-step Verification Process. eM Client cannot handle that process so it will not authenticate. If you turn off the 2-step Verification in your Google account, it authenticates without a hiccup.

Good to hear…nice to have a smart son!

This is a problem. 2-step Verification makes my Google account, but there is no way at this time to keep it on and still have eM Client work. I suggest the staff find a way to solve this challenge.

Hello,

can I ask if eM Client shows any error messages when trying to connect over 2 step authentication?

regards
Jan

hello,

you can use the 2steps verification with emclient.

Go on the Security page of your google account.
Below the 2steps options (bottom page), you have to generate a new password specific for the application.

regards,
Xavier

I had the same problem. Pulled hair out trying to resolve. If you use Google 2-step verification, you need to remember to Generate a password that only emClient will use. After generating a new password, the program works like a champ! Thanks for the reminder Iogonxa.