em Client update issue (erase all data stored on my computer, emails, contacts, etc)

Hi, yesterday I updated em Client to the latest version. The problem is that it deletes my account and all data that was stored on my computer (emails, contacts, etc.). On the mail server there aren’t the older emails because it uses the POP3 protocol so it doesn’t store all emails. How can I recover the data of my account? Thanks. PS: I’m using Windows 7

Had you previously specified a custom location for your database? If you had, go to Menu > Tools > Settings > General > Storage, and enter the location you had previously used.

I didn’t previously set a custom location for the database

OK. If you uninstall eM Client then download and install http://www.emclient.com/dist/v7.1.30794/setup.msi, is everything back where it should be?

I didn’t uninstall eM Client… I updated it and while it was updating it has removed all data of my account

That is not normal behaviour. That is why I asked if you now roll back to the previous version, is the data is there.

Ok I’ll try in a few hours and  I’ll post if it works or not. Thanks for the support

I’ve tried but it doesn’t work… The previous version that I had installed was 6.x I don’t remember the correct number version

Ah OK. That is a different thing. In the latest version, go to Menu > File > Import > eM Client 6.

Let me know how that works out.

It asks me for the directory… what directory should I choose?

That would be the database directory C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\eM Client

It works!! Thanks a lot you save all my emails!!!

No problem. :slight_smile: