eM Client takes up too much space in iOS

eM Clien for iOS takes up 15 GB of iPhone storage. I have disabled news downloads. The search also does not work, eM Client only searches the server for the set period “Message synchronization time period”, for example 3 months back. In order to search the entire history, I have to set “since forever”. But then it takes an awfully long time to synchronize after starting, and the application grows to a huge 15 GB, as if it were saving messages to the device.

eM Client will cache messages for offline use if you have that option enabled. That means the database will be as large as the emails and their attachments that are cached. You can change that by going to settings and tapping on your account, then on IMAP, where you can toggle the option for downloading for offline use.

The server search should give results if the server supports it and there are no server issues, and you have enabled it. You enable it by tapping on the search icon, then on the settings cog and toggling the server search option. It will search the server and give up to 100 results from all the messages on the server regardless of what sync time period you have in eM Client. Of course if the server doesn’t support it, and you aren’t caching messages, you won’t get results.

That’s a problem. I don’t need to have messages stored on the device taking up 15GB. But I need to search all the history and that is not possible without saving the messages to the device with eM Client. Everything depends on how I set the synchronization, whether a month, 3 months, forever. It only searches this set sync. The server supports it. This is not a problem with other email clients :(. It’s a shame, otherwise eM Client would be great.