eM Client Sync of Google Workspace Directory

I have my family’s accounts set up in a Google Workspace domain. Recently, eM Client started to display the following error when synchronizing contacts with Google:
An error occurred: [Google Contacts] Synchronizing folder /Directory

It appears that this “Directory” folder is automatically created in Google Contacts and contains all of the email addresses in the Google Workspace. I don’t know of any way to prevent this from being created nor any way to have eM Client bypass trying to sync this and causing an error message each time.

Any ideas?

Thanks

As far as I know this was just an older eM Client issue that was resolved with newer 8 & 9 versions from the eM Client version history page.

What version of eM Client are you running?

Also what version of Windows or Mac do you have ?

Have you already tried updating eM Client via the check for update in the Menu / Program or via the version history page on the website above ?

If you have the latest eM Client V8 or V9 for Windows or Mac and same issue, suggest to backup eM Client via “Menu / Backup” and remove and re-add your Google workspace account which “should normally fix the Google contacts issue” from what I found with Domain or Personal Google Workspace accounts.

Suggest to also use the automatic email wizard in eM Client if you resetup your Google account too in eM Client or may not all work correctly.

I really appreciate you responding to my issue.

I had used the “Check for Updates” function in eM Client and it said that I had the latest version (8.2.1473). However, I checked the eM Client website and found version 9 there.

Upgrading did not correct the problem, however, removing my gmail accounts and re-adding them seems to have corrected the issue.

Thanks again!

1 Like