eM Client still downloads emails for offline use and fills drive

My problem is that I have about 20 mailboxes I manage for my organization. Most of the email accounts contains as many as 16k emails most from the past.

During connection of mailboxes via IMAP, I unticked the “download messages for offline use and to…”
Still, the system drive gets filled up with data from eM Client email files evident as they are present in the %appdata%/eMclient/Profiles folder.

My question is; is there a way to completely turn of downloading of messages by eM Client? I simply need a mirrored view of the mailboxes.

Hopefully someone can help me out. I am grateful and appreciative of any suppport.

P.S. I searched the forum for a corresponding answer but did not find one. Incase the question has been answered correctly before now, Kindly point me to the answer resource.

My question is; is there a way to completely turn of downloading of messages by eM Client? I simply need a mirrored view of the mailboxes

When you use IMAP accounts and click on messages and/or open attachments, the local mail client allways “creates a local database message cache” which builds up in size the more you click on different messages till all read.

So even with turning the IMAP option off to download messages and attachments offline (as you have already advised you did), you are still going to have a local message database cache.

So if you didn’t have a local database cache it would be terrible to use, with eM Client allways having to re-read every email message and attachment etc from scratch.