eM Client - Start up problem with program sometimes not opening.

Can someone please help me. I’m running Windows 8.1 and I love eM Client however every so often when I try and run it it freezes before it’s fully opened. I get the message Not Responding. I then have to use Task Manager to close it down before trying again. Soemtimes it then opens, sometimes it doesn’t. The only way I can then get it to run again is to do a Windows System Restore. As you can imagine, this is quite a hassle. Any advice or assistance will be very appreciated. David

Hi David,
does any error message pop up during any of this? Or does the eM Client just freeze and no additional messages pop up?

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Olivia. Thanks for the reply. The screen is just white with the taskbar at the top. In the task bat it says “eM Client - Not Responding”. The only way I can then remove that is to go into task Manager and close it down that way. The programe will just not run after that has happened. The only way I can get it to work again is to do a System restore to an earlier point. I’m afraid I’ve had to stop using eM Client for this reason and have now installed Windows Live Mail. Shame as I like eM Client.

Hi David,
if you decide to give eM Client another try, we have a utility that you can run when the program freezes that will pull out the logs from the program from which we can try to find the root of the problem.
You can download this utility here - http://www.emclient.com/tools/emstack…
When eM Client freezes, run it a few times. Then send all the generated log files to [email protected] with a link to this forum topic in the message body.

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Olivia. Thanks for that. I’ll see how I get on with Windows Live Mail for a while and if it’s not what I want I’ll try eM again.