Suddenly, after working perfectly for a long time, eM Client fails to launch. I’m using an up-to-date version of Windows 10 Home. I can get my emails online OK. When I click the icon it seems to respond, except that nothing then happens, other than a little blue circle appears momentarily. I’ve tried various compatibility modes without any success. Any clues anyone?
I’m having the same issue.
Was a fix ever posted?
If you are comfortable executing these steps, give this a try:
(1) Delete any installation files you have downloaded.
(2) Uninstall eM Client, making sure to NOT delete your database directory when asked. This will ensure your settings and data remain in place.
(3) If it exists, delete C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client
(4) Download and install the latest version from here
(5) The latest version of eM Client should then start with all your data in place.
I know not how or why, but eM Client now works fine with no intervention by me. However …
Suddenly, for no obvious reason, when I open an email to read it, the font used is very large. I’ve tried using the smallest (8pt) but it makes no noticeable difference. I can change to italics, so I’m evidently taking the right approach. Interestingly, if I forward an email to someone, the font size in the forwarded message returns to normal. Is this perhaps a bug arising from a recent update - or is it even a deliberate change?
Right-click in the message body you are reading and choose Zoom > Orignal.
That did it! Thanks very much.