eM Client not getting fully maximized on Windows 10 Redstone 4 and 5 builds!

Hello,

I started having an issue which I think started with Windows 10 Redstone 4 builds.

The problem is when you click the Maximize button twice once to make eM Client window smaller and then again to make it Maximized it is not getting fully Maximized. I am actually having this same issue with Spotify and Bandicut all use a non standard UI. And it is doing it on all of my computers running Redstone 4 builds. And it is even doing it on Redstone 5 as well. Now I do not think this is strictly an eM Client issue because like I said I have this issue on some computers with Spotify and they don’t even have eM Client on them.

I am thinking maybe I am seeing this issue because perhaps I have installed several major builds on top of each other without doing a clean install.

Anyway can anyone here who is running Windows 10 Redstone 4 or 5 please tell me if you are seeing this issue with eM Client or any other software? Here is a screenshot so you can better understand what I am talking about. 

I am thinking I may need to do a clean install of Windows to fix this.

Just to confirm if you repeat clicking the Maximized button the UI issue only happens every other time.

Thanks

Thanks

I started testing 17133 but there were some issues, so I abandoned it. The problems with the Insider releases should be fixed in Monday’s official release. I would suggest waiting for that to see if there is any difference.

I am actually running 17134.5 which is the one being released Monday,

Maybe I will wait till Patch Tuesday then. An extra week might save a whole lot of hassle just in case there are additional fixes. It’s only for testing, so I can probably delay that long. :slight_smile:

I checked this today on 2 public releases; 10.0.17134.1 and 10.0.17134.5. They were both clean installs, and there does not appear to be any problem. All applications including eM Client maximize fully as normal.

Gary can you do me a big favor?

Please click the middle maximize button on eM Client several times and see if the very top of eM Client is not all the way to the top. 

I just got done doing a clean install of Windows 10 Build 17134.1 and as soon as I installed eM Client the issue re a paired again. And then just for the heck of it I restored from an image that has build 16299.371 and the issue is gone.

It’s doing this on all 5 of my computers running 17134.1 and redstone 5.

I am really getting frustrated and can not figure out anyway to fix this issue :frowning:

Yes, you are correct. After clicking away I noticed that on every second maximize it does not reach the very top. It is short by either 8 or 16 pixels, depending on what you consider the top of the window.
If you have a Pro License, you can open a support ticket. Even though you experienced this with some other applications, there may be something the developers can do about it.

Thanks Gary :slight_smile:

You were a big help as you just confirmed for me that I am not going crazy! lol

Something must have changed in the April 2018 update and still remains in Redstone 5. Maybe has something to do with Fluent Design? Anyway I guess it’s either a bug that Microsoft does not know about and hopefully will fix it or this is a permit under the hood change in Windows 10 and any 3rd party software that is affected like eM Client, Spotify, iTunes and Bandicut in my case will need to be updated with a fix of there own.

Anyway I am happy to hear that it is not just me seeing this issue.

Thanks again

I just submitted a ticket for this issue.

Ok so the issue is fixed in the latest Redstone 5 insider preview Windows 10 Build 17666.

However now there is another issue where every time you click the maximize button you see an ugly black spot ion the top right corner of eM Client. 

That is something eM Client may have to fix.

Or maybe something the Redmond Team need to fix themselves. :wink:

Perhaps but the 3 other programs that also had the full screen issue are fixed as well and do not have this new black spot issue.

eM Client is looking into it anyway, so there may be hope yet.
Actually, until you brought it up in this forum, I can’t say that I have ever used the maximize button in eM Client. :slight_smile:

eM Client 7.1.32716 released today with a workaround for this. You can download it from http://www.emclient.com/release-history.

eM Client 7.1.32716 did indeed fix this issue on Windows 10 Build 17134.

But I installed eM Client 7.1.32716 on Redstone 5 insider preview build 17666 and it’s a little better but you still see a flashing black spot in the top right corner when clicking the maximize button. Anyway not a huge deal right as I am sure eM Client will fix this before the Redstone 5 build is released this fall :slight_smile: