eM client not downloading IMAP messages form mail.twc.com - sending emails ok

Have a windows 7 computer running eM client (free).  It uses mail.twc.com as its mail server.   I have checked the IMAP and SMTP settings, and all are correct.   However, the client seems to lose the IMAP connection ability, and I have to use “diagnose” in the settings to make it reconnect to the IMAP server.  Do “Receive all”, no emails are downloaded (headers) and I find the client cannot successfully talk to the mail.twc.com server again via IMAP.    Clear as mud, right?     Anyway, any ideas?

Thanks!
Amy

When you use the diagnose does em client ask for your password and do you tick the save box.? Also when em client does not connect to IMAP does it show a list of errors you can open.
If so try unticking the option “show errors” in the general pull down menus  .
I hope this helps, Doreen

Hi, Doreen - thank you for your reply! The password is saved. This worked until TWC changed their server imap/pop names. I modified the settings appropriately. For receiving emails, the em client just seems to lose its imap settings. Test emails from “diagnose” are sent out successfully but never make it to the client. I can see them on webmail.twc.com.

I do have to use the “fix it” imap button twice for the client to resolve the host name & MX records correctly. I go back to receive & the imap is messed up again. Very frustrating.

Amy

Hello Amy,
have you tried setting the account completely anew? Maybe then the correct IMAP settings will be saved.
Or go to the IMAP tab and try manually changing the Security policy under the server settings. Sometimes just manually changing the port or the policy makes all the difference.

Regards,
Olivia

I ended up reinstalling the eM client. That fixed the problem.

Hello Amy,
glad to hear the issue has been resolved.
Thank you for sharing your solution on the forum.

Regards,
Olivia