EM Client is repeatedly downloading all my gmail messages

I downloaded EM Client yesterday. It’s set up as IMAP and ‘download emails for offline use’. It ran pretty much most of the night downloading 1000s of email from my gmail account.

This morning I switched it on and found that it starts downloading all emails again! They’re about 6000 of them! The emails don’t double, I still have only one version of each email in my folders but it has to stop! It’s eating up my download limit and slows down my machine. The constant download only seems to be interrupted by occasional synchronising (also repeatedly) of all folders.

And is there a way to get rid of the ‘All Mail’ Folder? I really don’t need all 6000 emails twice…

What do I do??

Edit: A few hours later it now appears to have started downloading all messages for a third time :frowning:

Hi Margot, what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check for the exact version number in Help > About? Can you please try to install this release and check if the issue persists?

http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.21372/setup.msi

You should be able to hide the “All Mail” folder on your gmail account settings, just go to your IMAP settings and hide the folder.

Thank you,
Paul

Hi Paul, thanks for your response. I had version 6.0.204 somethings so I downloaded the update from your link. It’s now version 6.0.21372.0 … but the problem persists. As soon as eM Client was updated and restarted it proceeded to download all emails from my inbox. Again. This must be about the fourth or fifth time since I first downloaded the software.

Hi again Margot, if the issue persists, please go to Tools > Settings > Advanced and enable IMAP logging for the problematic Gmail account.

1. Save the settings
  2. Restart the application
  3. Replicate the issue
    Once the issue reoccurs, please go back to the advanced settings window and click on “Send logs” and send the logs to my email [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul, it seems to have stopped!! Fingers crossed but this morning was the first time it didn’t start downloading emails again. Thanks for your support, I’ll let you know if the problem reoccurs. Cheers Margot

Hi again Margot, glad it works, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul