eM Client is broken (unable to install or update)

So I recently started using a laptop so I have had a lot of programs installed here. eM Client being one of them. I originally installed it and was just waiting for my clouds to sync to get a backup from my main pc to use (instead of adding everything manually).

My internet is slow af so that will be a few days or if I feel like transferring via drive. Regardless it needed an update so I did start one but I got

''this feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable

click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package emclient-v8.0.3385.msi’ in the box below’’

originally I tried to select that from my saved installs but it proceeded to tell me it is invalid. So I decided to start over as I could not proceed. I uninstalled and started to reinstall, it tells me my laptop has a more updated version already and ends the install. So I douible check it is not installed and proceed to delete all files concerning the eM Client (to my knowledge). I download the latest installer v8.1.1087 and try to install again which now takes me to the same box I started with

‘‘this feature’’ etc . I have no idea how to proceed at all now but I really enjoy this application and would like to use it rather than switching.

It sounds like the original eM Client V8.x might have been open in the background and didn’t close the process 100% at that time.

Uninstall eM Client and when asked do you want to delete the database choose “No” and after uninstall, if you have Windows check that the “eM Client folder” C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client has been deleted. If not manually delete it.

Then install the latest version of eM Client again which should pickup your exiting EMC database and open ok.

this feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable

If you are still getting network resource that is not available, see the following threads in particular @Son-of-A-Gun post at the end of the 1st thread.

Updating problems - eM Client

Program update does not complete - eM Client

1 Like

As mentioned I can’t uninstall it because it doesn’t show up on my apps anymore (as it is already uninstalled). And I deleted all the em client files (I use a program called everything to ensure there is nothing with the name eM Client, if there are any other files under other names idk).

And I already checked that post, my windows installer is already on Manual, and when I have it running or not, makes no difference, I still get this error.

edit: just noticed the second thread, will check that out.

Apart from above links try also doing a “Registry Clean” as does sound like some Registry path problem. If you don’t have one, I use eg: “Wise Registry Cleaner” https://www.wisecleaner.com/wise-registry-cleaner.html

Failing that, try doing a system restore if you have one back to the point where eM Client was working.

1 Like

The troubleshooter I downloaded fixed the problem, It was a registry data corruption.

Thanks for the assist. I truly appreciate it.

1 Like