eM Client has failed to connect to server for 5 days

It tells me to go to this address which comes up with 'No Page Found ’ https://support.google.com/mail/answer/78754(Failure)

Can you please go to Menu > Tools > Operations and copy the full error message.

It will not copy the error message and the Operations page says ’ There are no operations of this type’. I tried to reload eMC and while it re-opens at 5/6 days ago there no longer is any error message at all.

The first part of the message was ‘Please log in via your web browser’.Then the above link followed by:-

‘[IMAP] An attempt to connect to…(my email address)…failed. This could be caused by temporary server unavailability or incorrect settings. Do you want to check the settings?’

I have all my email sent first to a gmail account and that which is addressed to me at my personal account is forwarded to my personalised account held through another provider. It is the latter that I cannot utilise to either send or receive (the vast majority of my emails). The settings have not been changed since I set this all up about 18 months ago under guidance.

Thank you for your reply. I will look forward to hearing what you say later today UK time.

I am using W10.

Can you disable your anti-virus application, then try again.

I only use Windows Defender.

OK. Windows Defender does not cause issues with eM Client.

If you go to Menu > Tools > Accounts, and make sure you have the correct host address as provided by your email provider. Then check that you have the following settings for the IMAP and SMTP ports and security policies:

SMTP
Port 587 = Force usage of SSL/TLS

IMAP
Port 993 = Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)

If that is still not working, you might want to contact your email provider.

I have switched it off and nothing has changed on opening eMC.

SMTP was Port 25 and Use SSL/TLS if available
IMAP was as you say.

Either setting is OK, but port 587 is more secure.

I suggest contacting your email provider as this does not appear to be an issue with the eM Client application.

So changed SMTP but no change in outcome. Will contact my provider. Thank you for your assistance.