EM Client hangs during synchronizing subfolders

Hello,

I reinstalled EM Client after having used Opera Mail for a while. EM Client looks so much better. I only have one, big, problem When I start up EM Client it starts synchronizing the subfolders immediately and hangs. No new emails are coming in.

I only can solve this to restart EM Client. But after a while the synchronizing starts again and the same problem occurs.

Is there anybody who can help me with this one?

Thanks
Hountsje

Hi, is this happening only with subfolders? What protocol, email provider and eM Client version do you use?

Jan

Hello Jan

Every time I start up EMClient it start synchronizing the subfolders and hangs. I have to restart and then my emails are foming in. I use EMClient 6.0.IMAP protocol

Then go to tools - settings - advanced, check IMAP under your account, apply and restart eM Client.

Simulate steps that leads to your issue and after that send logs… to [email protected] together with this topic’s URL in subject.

then you can turn logging off.

If you will send them in next few hours I will be able to forward them today and solution might be found very fast.

Jan

Hello Jan, not at home at the moment but will do what you asked as soon as possible and send you an email. Thanks and regards.

you are welcome, I might work today afternoon as well as I will have to be at home sooner so I will review and forward those emails if you will send them before or at that time :slight_smile:

Jan

Hello Jan,

I went to tools - settings - advanced. There I saw that IMAP and SMTP both were unchecked. I checked and restarted EM Client. It seems that everything works fine now. Thank you very much for your help!

Regards
Hountsje

well this actually was supposed to enable logging, this option does not change anything regarded to synchronization.
It only enables writing of what is happening into file so you could send it to me.

But if it is working and you are not experiencing this issue anymore then I am considering it as solved.

Jan

Hi Jan,
I am very sorry to report that the problem is not solved. I also notice that I sometimes can’t read older emails. Then I see a kind of little dots moving from the left to the right of the screen, like something is downloading.

I tried to uninstall EM Client, after first having made a backup of all of my emails and contacts, and te reinstall it. That did not work. All my old settings were put back automatically. Is there a way to do a totally clean install?

Thanks for your help!

When Em Client starts up, it synchronized all sub folders which takes forever. It starts up in Calendar, and starts synchronizing everything, even though I have set it not to do so. It never used to do that.

Thanks for any suggestions.

those dots means that eM Client is synchronizing, you can create totally clean install just by deleting eM Client database (will erase your local data) while eM Client is turned off.

Jan

Hi, eM Client was always synchronizing on start if set, you can disable it in Tools - Settings - General - General under “Synchronization”

Jan