eM Client for mobile pricing

Wondering what the pricing structure will be for the mobile apps - will it be a separate license, or will it be rolled into already existing paid licenses?

sábado 18 febrero 2023 :: 1155hrs (UTC +0100)

I actually do not know, however, on the basis that the existing license model
is per seat, I can see no reason why it would be different for mobile which
in effect is another seat.
I expect to pay for another licence if I want mobile, though you might get
lucky with a Free seat; who knows?
Personally we are against Free, a 30 day Free Trial, yes, however, we do
not subscribe to the Free model - if something is Free it has no value.

¡Buena suerte!

¡Saludos desde Valencia la soleada en España!

skybat

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

1 Like

To be fair, @Jeff25 did not mention the word “free” and nor did he suggest that the mobile apps should be free.

Spark recently introduced a new version with mobile apps, and they have opted for a single pro licence that is more expensive than it used to be but covers desktop, iOS and Android. That seems to be a reasonable alternative to treating each mobile app as “in effect another seat”.

Neither model is right or wrong of course: both are calculated business decisions. However, neither involve “Free”.

Cheers
Owen

Spark recently introduced a new version with mobile apps, and they have opted for a single pro licence that is more expensive than it used to be but covers desktop, iOS and Android. That seems to be a reasonable alternative to treating each mobile app as “in effect another seat

I think that’s a good idea as most peeps would like to use the mob app as a companion app to their desktop or laptop. I would however lock it down to either an Android or iOS and (not both at the same time). The user then deactivates and reactivates if they swap mobile devices. So the single license is then locked to one mob device at a time similar to the desktop when switching between computers.

So for existing users who have already bought or own eM Client Pro, then there would be (a smaller add on price) for the difference to add the single companion app rather than the full price. If users then want to use more than one mob then the second mob app would be the normal price.

Now you also might get users who might only want to use the mobile app and not use desktops or laptops, so that might then need to be at a normal price app like the desktop, when it’s eventually released with all the full options.

Lots to figure out with releasing mob apps.

Hopefully it won’t be a subscription. It would be great if it would be a one-time purchase like for the desktop version.

I’m looking forward to all the updates to get the iOS app working great! :heart_eyes:

It would be nice to get a response from from someone at eM Client. The reason I would like to know is that we have a working solution in place at the moment - we have 50 lifetime pro licenses (no skybat, I am not looking for free, nor did I suggest it) and we use the Boxer Workspace app with DAVx to sync caldav and carddav on our tech’s mobile devices. If the pricing is right, it would make sense to have a common ecosystem, but if the mobile client is a completely separate price at the same level as the desktop license that makes no financial sense to us. If it is to be rolled into the pro licenses, and again not asking for free here, at a reasonable price I would test the mobile client beta. If the pricing is going to be out of line for us, I don’t want to waste my time testing an app that I will never use.

I would expect that any mobile App is part of a Pro licence package when it is released. I would expect to be able to use it on my iPhone when I’m out, or the desktop when I’m at home. Therefore one would be using the software on one device or another - you wouldn’t be composing the same email at the same time on 2 different platforms, so in my opinion it’s irrelevant.

But if opinions are being canvassed, I certainly will not be paying for a subscription service for the privilege of a mobile app on top of what I’ve already paid for a pro licence, for the very reason I have already paid to use the software, regardless of what device I use the software on.

So having said that, IMO the pro software licence should therefore allow one desktop client and one mobile client, problem solved. Surely in common with most other applications, the licence activation can be used to check that only one desktop and one mobile device are authorised at any one time to prevent abuse.