eM Client doesn't send files with attachment on exchange account

eM Client is very easy to set up, but I have had lots of frustration with not being able to send emails with attachments from my exchange account.  Reading the forums doesn’t seem to provide a decent solution.

Hello Paul, sorry to see this, can you please check what eM Client release version you currently have installed on your computer, in Help > About? What version of Exchange are you currently using on your mail server?

Are you using any security software on your computer, that may have disabled the application’s ability to connect to the server?

Regards,

Latest version. Only just started trying it out for my exchange account. Don’t normally have issues with my firewall.

Hello again, can you please navigate to the Help > About window and check for the latest release number?

Regards,

Please update your eM Client to this release and perform a folder repair on all affected folders where emails have been unable to download the attachment on request, 6.0.22930.0 .

To repair your email folder, right click the folder in the left pane and select Properties > Repair and click on the “Repair” button, this will essentially force a folder re-sync with the server.

Hope this helps,

I have a similar problem, but it changes all the time. I installed eM just 1-2 days ago and first without any licence. It had problems downloading attachments, but after running repairs, it worked. Then I had to activate the licence, which I did (free licence) and since then it does not send emails through my default mail, which is an exchange account. I do not get an error message, it just sits in the outbox and nothing happens.

Hello Ingo, what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About? Are you using any security software on your computer, that might be blocking the connection to the server?

What version of Exchange are you using on the remote server?

Regards,

Exact same problem with my exchange account.
Version of emC is :  
I’ve got BitDefender running, but even when I shut it down I can’t send emails with attachements… They stay stucked in the outbox.

The log traces this event on sending email action :

09:38:23 [email protected] [Exchange Web Services]  Envoi mail09:38:23 [email protected] [Exchange Web Services]  Envoi mail: eryklm
09:40:04 [email protected] [Exchange Web Services]  MailExceptions.ConnectionException: Le délai d'attente de l'opération a expiré. ---\> System.Net.WebException: Le délai d'attente de l'opération a expiré.
09:40:04    à MailClient.Protocols.Exchange.ExchangeGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
09:40:04    --- Fin de la trace de la pile d'exception interne ---
09:40:04    à MailClient.Protocols.Exchange.ExchangeGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
09:40:04    à MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

It looks like it is a timeout which is reached executing WorkerStatus Status command to your Exchange wrapper.

Any idea on how to resolve this ?
Many users are facing this problem. I’m currently testing your product for our company, it would a major problem which could led us using other solutions.

Hi G,
this actually happens when your attachment is bigger than your attachment size limit on the exchange server. The server refuses to accept the email because of the attachments size, leaving it in eM Client Outbox.
There are many instructions online on how to increase the attachments size limit on the server, for example here > http://social.technet.microsoft.com/w…

Best regards,
Olivia

Hi Olivia !
Thank you for your answer !
However, the siez limit on the server is 10MB. Delivery blocking starts with files < 1MB !

Please go to Tools > Settings > Advanced and turn on Exchange logging for your account.
Restart eM Client and try to send another email with a small attachment.
If it gets stuck in outbox again, go back to Advanced settings and click Send logs button, but change the recipient to me ([email protected]) and add link to this forum topic in the body of the message.

Thank you,
Olivia

Hi Olivia,
I sent you the email with the requested data.
Let me know !

Hi Olivia,

new data sent for investigation !

I have same problem. with attach file is small

I See in log Operations whe send attach file

11:37:38 AM    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.MultipleSend(BufferOffsetSize[] buffers, SocketFlags socketFlags)11:37:38 AM    at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.MultipleWrite(BufferOffsetSize[] buffers)
11:37:38 AM    — End of inner exception stack trace —
11:37:38 AM    at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.MultipleWrite(BufferOffsetSize[] buffers)
11:37:38 AM    at System.Net.Security._SslStream.StartWriting(SplitWritesState splitWrite, SplitWriteAsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
11:37:38 AM    at System.Net.Security._SslStream.ProcessWrite(BufferOffsetSize[] buffers, SplitWriteAsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
11:37:38 AM    at System.Net.TlsStream.MultipleWrite(BufferOffsetSize[] buffers)
11:37:38 AM    at System.Net.Connection.Write(ScatterGatherBuffers writeBuffer)
11:37:38 AM    at System.Net.ConnectStream.ResubmitWrite(ConnectStream oldStream, Boolean suppressWrite)
11:37:38 AM    at MailClient.Protocols.Exchange.ExchangeGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
11:37:38 AM    at MailClient.Protocols.Exchange.ExchangeGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
11:37:38 AM    at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

I have problems sending attachments above a few kb, NONE of the questions on this forum for this issue have been answered!!!