eM Client deletes inbox emails then downloads them several times a day

In my experience swearing always helps

Yes, had the same issue Clicked ‘Fix’ and eventually got two green ticks. However, nothing seems to be happening now. Nothing being downloaded at all - and that’s despite significant swearing.

Miraculously, after disabling and enabling a few times and waiting half an hour, it now seems to work, Thanks for you help! 

I’m not sure if the swearing helped but waiting a half hour or so seemed to.
Many thanks to everyone.

Same issue.  Mine has dumped all mail so many times that I’ve lost track.  For half of the day it’s been stuck at the same date every time it tries to reload the emails.  Currently using my hotmail account online; however, if this isn’t fixed soon I’ll be off to another email app.  Can we please get a response from eM?

There’s lots of technical detail behind the problem here https://forum.emclient.com/emclient/topics/sync-with-outlook-com

but the short term fix is to remove your account then add it using IMAP settings as discussed above

doesnt work correctly even with imap worked initially then stopped would appreciate a response or solution from em i have paid for this

Hi,

Unfortunately Microsoft is phasing out the support of AirSync. To remedy this, please follow these steps:

In a browser, login to your account at outlook.com. If your mailbox has been moved to the new Exchange format, the top left corner will show Outlook Mail. If your account hasn’t been migrated yet, it will show Outlook.com.

If it shows Outlook Mail, you need to set up your Hotmail/Outlook/Live account in eM client as an Exchange account. To do this, go to Mail>Exchange. Be aware that eM Client can take up to 5-10 minutes to obtain the server details this way.

If your account hasn’t been migrated yet, you need to connect through IMAP. Go to Mail>Other, enter “imap-mail.outlook.com” and port 993 in the incoming mail server settings and “smtp-mail.outlook.com” and port 587 in the outgoing server settings. Press ignore when the setup attempts to diagnose server status. After you’ve done that, go to IMAP tab in your account page and set your security policy to “Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)”, then navigate to the SMTP tab and set your security policy to “Force usage of SSL/TLS”.

Dave