eM Client crashes when adding appointment

Hi,
I have just updated to the 9.2.1222 version but my problem existed in the previous version after an update.
When trying to add an appointment ( or anything in the calendar) eM Client ‘stops working’. . The error code is large. eM Client then restarts ( as per tick box) but the problem remains when trying again.

I have no idea why this continues to happen. HP Laptop is approx 8 years old.
There are no other issues.
Hopefully someone can identify a fix, preferably without reinstall from scratch.

Exact same issue here.

What account calendar is this ?

Hi CZ, my account is Hotmail.

@doi209

Hi CZ, my account is Hotmail

Ok I have a MS Hotmail IMAP account so will test that later today.

@doi209

I’ve tested creating public and private new Hotmail IMAP Calendar events in eM Client V9.2.1222 for Windows and works perfectly. No problems for me at all and no crashes.

So suggest for your IMAP Hotmail account, to go to “Menu / Accounts” and remove your Hotmail account and then re-add your account via the “Automatic email wizard” at the top.

If still happening, try “repairing your Hotmail account calendar”

(To Repair a Hotmail Calendar in eM Client).

Click the Calendar icon at the bottom left of eM Client.

Then “Right click” on your “Hotmail Calendar” and “Click Properties” at the bottom.

Next click the “Repair” tab at the top and finally click “Repair”. This will take time as eM Client has to rebuild the local calendar cache etc.

Then if still the same problem, try uninstalling and reinstalling eM Client and “Don’t delete the database on uninstall”. You can then download eM Client again & reinstall it from the release history page

Lastly if still a problem then you might have some eg: optional background program running on your computer startup interfering with eM Client when you are creating calendar events.

So try “disabling all background “non OS” startup programs” and reboot and see if that fixes it. If it does then you will need to enable those background tasks “one at a time” and reboot till you find which one is the cause of the issue.

Once eM Client is working properly make a backup via “Menu / Backup”. You can see when the backup is complete via “Menu / Operations”.

Mine is Google calendar from gmail account.

@Tomcher9

Mine is Google calendar from gmail account

I’ve also tested creating Gmail calendar events with eM Client V9.2.1222 for Windows and also don’t get any crashes either. So cannot fault eM Client.

So suggest (the same as per my previous Hotmail account post above) for your Gmail IMAP account, to also try “removing and re-adding” your Gmail account using the automatic email wizard via “Menu / Accounts” and see if that fixes it.

If its still happening (also as per my previous post above), try “repairing your Gmail account calendar”

(To Repair Google Calendar in eM Client).

Click the Calendar icon at the bottom left of eM Client.

Then “Right click” on your “Gmail Calendar” and “Click Properties” at the bottom.

Next click the “Repair” tab at the top and finally click “Repair”. This will take time as eM Client has to rebuild the local calendar cache etc.

Failing that (also as per my previous post above), try uninstalling and reinstalling eM Client and “Don’t delete the database on uninstall”. You can then download eM Client again from the release history page,

Lastly if still a problem (as per my previous post) then you might have some eg: optional background program running interfering with eM Client when you are creating calendar events.

So try “disabling all background “non OS” startup programs” and reboot and see if that fixes it. If it does then you will need to enable those background tasks “one at a time” and reboot till you find which one is the cause of the issue.

Once eM Client is working properly make a backup via “Menu / Backup”. You can see when the backup is complete via “Menu / Operations”

TX CZ. All repaired now for my Hotmail account.

1 Like

Hey guys, since you are both talking about hotmail accounts, may I ask you if you the “search on server” feature is working or not (for example by searching an email that is older than your syncing time window like a 5 years old email with an email account synced over 1 year only) ?

I’ve found no answers and I have no clue if it’s just me or if they didn’t implement the search on server on hotmail accounts.

Many thanks for your help and sorry for the small off-topic. @cyberzork @doi209

Hi Batab,
my hotmail account on eM Client is set to ‘all time’ fo rmessage sync period ( by default after recently deleting/creating the account). I have emails dating back 18 years and have no problems accessing them.
Could the security policy be an issue ? I am not an expert but having a wild gues.
Sorry I can help more.

Yeah, i’d need someone that doesn’t useds “all time” syncing to check of the search-on-server feature works or not. I usually never use “all time” syncing because i have like 10 different mail accounts and a couple of them are really old so I usually only sync 1 year to keep the client slightly less cluttered locally.

Gmail and other accounts work just fine for me but hotmail hasn’t been working in that regards. However I’ve never had any issues with server-side search when using other mail clients (either mobile or desktop).

If you have another hotmail account (or live/outlook since they work the same) without the “all time” syncing it would be nice to know. Otherwise don’t bother readding it without the “all time”, I’ll just wait for another user and hear from them. I still thank you for the kind help!

I only use one account with various folders and rules. Sorry I couldn’t help.

First fix worked and no issues now once added back. Thanks so much!!

1 Like