"eM Client" - constantly adds a start menu entry

Hello everyone,

I have Windows 10 22H2 and it keeps adding a shortcut from “eM Client” to the start menu.
I keep deleting this shortcut and shortly after that it reappears.
Can’t find any setting in “eM Client” for it.

How do I permanently remove this link from the “eM Client”?

Greetings…

Angel

lunes 27 marzo 2023 :: 0747hrs (UTC +0100)

Hey @Angelchc

Does the shortcut reappear randomly or after a specific event?
Do you have eMC set to “Run on system startup”?
If so try “unchecking”
Third item (Ejecutar) at Menu-> Settings-> General-> Right hand side in image.
¡Buena suerte

skybat

¡Los mejores deseos desde Valencia y mantente a salvo!

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués, inglés, francés y alemán
con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

1 Like

If you see duplicate eM Client shortcuts in the start menu entry, then it could mean something went wrong in Windows itself, when eM Client was either installing the first time or when upgrading.

So suggest to try (if you haven’t already) uninstalling eM Client and “don’t delete the database” when asked on the uninstall wizard. Then reboot your computer and check if there are still any references of the eM Client shortcut on your start menu.

Then if there are no eM Client shortcuts on the start menu then reinstall your same or later version of eM Client via the release history page and reboot and see if the problem is fixed.

Now if there are still eM Client duplicate shortcuts on your start menu after rebooting, then suggest to uninstall eM Client again and after uninstalling this time “run a eg: registry cleaner” and “backup your registry” before running the cleaner. I also normally run cleaners a couple of times just to dbl-clheck. A good free Windows registry cleaner I use is Wise. There are also many other good free registry cleaners out there as well you can get.

To backup the Windows 10 registry see the following Microsoft link.

Lastly if this has only just happened and the problem persists, then you could also try restoring Windows 10 back “to a point in time” when you know there was no duplicate shortcut via the Windows system restore program built in the OS.

1 Like

@skybat

“eM Client” is not loaded at Windows startup.

@cyberzork

The link is not double, but only once.
I have already done the uninstallation.
When installing “eM Client” I don’t have a choice of whether I want a shortcut in the start menu.
It has no influence whether I start the “eM Client” or was somewhere in the settings.
I never use a registry cleaner.
I do everything by hand with a registry manager, since I know my way around the registry quite well.
I never need the Windows System Restore program, either.
I use image backup software to back up my Windows OS.
If something doesn’t work properly anymore,
I have my complete Windows OS in about 3 minutes, read back from about 50 GB.

The problem has been since the beginning.

I thought that was the developer’s intention with the shortcut.
I have a few programs that do this, but then there is a setting where you can turn that off too.
I opened this thread because I thought someone had this too.

I just set the attribute to “System” and “Hidden”.
That’s how it works.
But it’s not the solution for me.
I like to have a perfect system.

Will read back my last Windows OS backup in the next few weeks
and then I see if the shortcut is still made.

lunes 27 marzo 2023 :: 1140hrs (UTC +0100)

OK, the next time the shortcut reappears, before you delete it, Right Click select Properties,
then tell us, "specifically what & where does the shortcut point to.
I am not convinced the issue is with eMC
Personally I believe, no matter how good you consider your knowledge of The Registry,
I agree with @cyberzork you should try using:

The Free version is great, I use it and am aware of many others who also use it effectively.
You can create a System Restore point before if you have any worries.

¡Buena suerte

skybat

¡Los mejores deseos desde Valencia y mantente a salvo!

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués, inglés, francés y alemán
con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

OK, I’m trying.
Thanks!

@Angelchc

The link is not double, but only once.
I have already done the uninstallation.
When installing “eM Client” I don’t have a choice of whether I want a shortcut in the start menu.

Unfortunately we don’t offer any support on this free forum to disable the EMC shortcut on the Win 10 start menu. That’s normally done in the program itself when being installed as u say.

I’m sure there would be a way though with a bit of looking around the registry eg: Startup items.

@cyberzork

Thanks !

Yes, in any case.
I can do that :grinning: