eM Client causing system to lockup

eM Client causing system to lock-up with other apps and by its self

My computer is stable with with other apps, but it locks if left unattended for 5 to ten minutes

My system is a Dell Precision 690 with 2 Xeon quads, wired NIC, Radeon HD6450 Vcard, 24GB ECC RAM and lots of SDS & SATA spinning hard drive space.

OS: Windows 10 Professional (x64) Version 2009 (build 19042.685)
1719.76 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
521.30 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space
eM Client - eM Client version 8.1.876

May or may not be a solution, but you might consider an upgrade to the newest version.

Apart from trying the latest version of EMC as @sunriseal suggested, is this happening when the computer is eg: going into sleep mode after 5-10 mins ? or is the screensaver coming on after 5-10 mins? As its happening “when its left unattended” as you say, sounds like one of the above.

If it is, you could try first disabling power & sleep mode in power management Win 10 settings as in the below example to see if it makes any difference. or disable screen saver to test as well.

1 Like

Yes.

Even try starting Windows in Safe Mode, then start eM Client and see what happens after 10 minutes of inactivity.

1 Like

viernes 31 diciembre 2020 :: 1156hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @
Misha_LeBlanc

I just noticed your post and I am intrigued, can you please be more specific concerning the configuration of your Drive capacity - you say “lots of SDS & SATA spinning hard drive space” (I guess it’s a typo and you mean SSD) also 1719.76 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity with 521.30 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space.

How many drives?
Is your primary drive SSD or SATA?
What is your total drive capacity?
What is your partition arrangement or is it all one chunk?
How old is the computer?

Also I totally agree with the suggestions made by @sunriseal, @cyberzork & @Gary

¡Saludos desde la soleada España!

Skybat

[email protected]