eM CLient as Archive of Web-based Email

I want to have a local copy of my web-based Zoho email. The copy would include both trashed and active email. I am reaching my mailbox capacity on Zoho, so want to have a historical archive of deleted mail .

I have setup POP3 email in eM Client with no deletion . I have gone through emails and noted where I wanted sender’s images included. (What a great feature. On the ZohoMail, it can only be done per message!)

The hard drive with the eM Client files is backed up with Syncthing to a NAS. And the user folder is backed up to web storage.

Have I set things up correctly? If all my ZohoMail is deleted, will all my messages with attachments and images be in eM Client?

PS: I saw the Black Friday special. If eM Client is doing what I want it to, I will “pay” by picking up a license.

PSS: I was an Eudora user from it’s introduction until it “broke” on me a four years ago in Windows 10. So I want to make sure “Eudora blinders” aren’t on.

Suggest you use “automatic archiving” feature in eM Client as per the support docs below.

(Quote from the below by @Olivia_Rust “How to archive my emails using eM Client”)

For local archiving , eM Client contains an Automatic Archiving feature which allows you to download all messages older than a selected number of days from the server and keep them stored on your local drive. These emails can be found in the Archive folder in the program’s left pane, below the accounts folders and Local Folders.

How to archive my emails using eM Client? - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software

What is the difference between Archive feature and Automatic Archiving in eM Client? - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software

(eM Client V9.2.x Automatic Archiving)

Note:- Before you setup any Automatic Archiving, backup eM Client first via “Menu / Backup” just incase you have any problems. You can see when the backup is complete via “Menu / Operations”.