eM Client and Telenet Smtp email settings

Belgian internet provider Telenet works with zimbra. Imap works perfectly, but I can’t make the Smtp work. The standard settings, that work for any other email client, just do not work with eM client.

Hi,
could you please send us your full SMTP log? What ports do you have set for IMAP and SMTP servers?

Normal settings that work on other email clients (outlook, thunderbird, chaossoftware) :
Smtp = provider : uit.telenet;be/ port 25 / Simple password, no encryption
Imap = imap.telenet.be/port 143/ Sll-Tss if possible

The log :
23:31:05 Labo [SMTP] Maak verbinding: Met Labo
23:31:05 MailExceptions.OperationException: SMTP server ondersteunt geen aanmeldgegevens.
23:31:05 bij MailClient.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Authenticate(WorkerStatus status)
23:31:05 bij MailClient.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status)
23:31:05 bij MailClient.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
23:31:05 bij MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
23:31:07 Labo [IMAP] Downloaden bericht deel …
23:31:07 Labo [IMAP] Downloaden bericht deel …: Gereed

Best Regards,
Marc

Thanks for the log. Please open the account settings, tab SMTP and uncheck the option “Server requires authentication” - it should help.

It did help. Messages go out now. Nice ! Thanks for helping me out.

Hello,

I am happy that my colleague solved your problem :slight_smile:

regards
Kam

Gives me another problem : I am using an account on google [email protected], but I would like to use the Telenet account for sending emails from that account. Raeson : the telenet account marks my message as coming from [email protected], my work email address, with any reply using that email too.
Since your aproach of sending emails from telenet gives no possibility to fill in the login details for uit.telenet.be, I can’t use it in conjunction with a gmail account. I did find a way in emclient to make [email protected] the reply address, but the sending address is still [email protected].

What solution do I have ?

Best Regards,
Marcus

You can try to use aliases.

in Gmail webmail - Settings - Accounts - Send mail as, setup account there and then in eM Client tools - accounts your account General tab - Aliases setup the same account you have used in google webmail settings :slight_smile:

regards
Jan

Thanks for the gmail-guidance ;). Works like a charm.

Regards,
Marcus

Hello,

I am happy that I could successfully resolve your issue :slight_smile:

regards
Jan