em Client and SoftMaker Office

Hello,

I’m using eM Client in combination with SoftMaker Office from Germany und would like to use eM Client furthermore though cooperation with SoftMaker has ended. It was said there would be a special offer to SoftMaker Users … What about it?

Hello, yes you’re right, there’s a special offer running for current eM Client for SoftMaker customers, you can visit the migration page here: http://www.emclient.com/upgrade-from-softmaker , where you can enter your current SoftMaker license and proceed with the upgrade to a regular eM Client license.

For German customers, you can also visit: http://de.emclient.com/Ersetzen-Sie-Ihre-SoftMaker-Lizenzen .

Let us know if you come across any further questions regarding the purchase or the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

program already bought!

It is almost - but only almost - funny for me to see the German users now struggling with the new “Softmaker Thunderbird”-Email-Client … Nothing works, and many people do not have anything else but problems with the new “Thunderbird emC-Import filter” …

I’m having now for not even 20 € the current Version (SoftMaker stopped at 6.0.21372.0), also three licenses - and: after installing all my data appeared with not a single loss in the new Installation.

And by the way, support here was excellent until now. A friendly supporter, who answered my questions even in German (I’m living in Germany) - that was great!

Super, thanks for this offer.

Andreas

Glad you like the product, make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Regards,
Paul

Hi there :wink:

I have just one more question about this offer:
Is it limited to version 6 of eMClient or do I get a free upgrade to future versions?
I am just wondering, because version 6 is included in my SoftMaker license so there would be no need to buy it again :wink:

Thanks,
Sven

Hello, upgrading your license from SoftMaker will transfer your SoftMaker license to eM Client 6 Pro license. To upgrade to version 7, you’d have to purchase lifetime upgrades separately or purchase a single upgrade once the next version of eM Client released.

Hello, don’t beat me … but last question: the single upgrade - also separately for every single license - or one single upgrade for three licenses? 

Hm, and what are the differences between the SoftMaker Office eM Client 6 and your eM Client 6 Pro? Looks like the same product to me *confused*

some people in the softmaker forum say that they were getting told that using the offer for softmaker clients would include an upgrade to version 7.  That’s a bit confusing now, maybe an official mail to all softmaker customers would be very usefull. I only found this offer by accident for example (i don’t look every day in the softmaker forum), many softmaker eM Client user will not even know about it…

Hello, I’ve accidentally responded without proper information:

Upgrade from eM Client for SoftMaker includes a single upgrade to eM Client 7, if you want to migrate your license now, you’ll be initially transferring your license to eM Client for use with the current release eM Client 6 and it’s future updates.

Sorry for the false information.

Ok, one last question regarding this topic:

You say “a single upgrade”.

I understand that this upgrade only includes an upgrade to version 7 and not to future versions like 8, 9, etc. (for this I need to purchase a lifetimeupgrade f.e.).
I do understand this :wink:

But:
When I use your offer to migrate from SoftMaker to you, I will have all three licenses that I got from SoftMaker migrated. I do need all these three, because I use them on my Desktop PC, my Notebook and my Tablet.
So, will I be able to upgrade all 3 licenses that I own to Version 7 of your eM Client when it will be released or do I have to buy 2 more upgradelicenses for this purpose?

Hello again, SoftMaker licenses were sold in pack of 3 seats, e.g. as far as I know, each user had the minimum of 3 licenses, use your activation key for the upgrade option and this will transfer all your three licenses for use with eM Client and upgrade to eM Client 7.

If have purchased more than 3 licenses with SoftMaker, and like to use all your licenses as a single subject in our licensing, contact our sales department to merge your licenses.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your time and answers Paul, it helped a lot :slight_smile:

Have a nice day ! :wink:

Glad I could help, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other questions or issues regarding the application or this offer. We’ll be happy to help.

Hello!
I just bought the “Upgrade-from-Softmaker-License” and I got a short question:
To merge from one version to the other I have to uninstall the Softmaker-version first, right?
When I install the em-version then, do I have to setup my accounts totally new or can I somehow adopt the current settings?
Thanks in advance for an answer!

Hello Rüdiger, you don’t have to uninstall your current installation of eM Client for SoftMaker, by installing eM Client using our installer you should be able to import your data from the SoftMaker package allowing you to quickly get started with eM Client without any complications.

Let me know if you have any issues with this, I’ll be happy to help.

Wow, quick and competent, Paul! I wish all support forums would work like this one! Respect!
Thank you very much for your help. It worked perfectly!