eM Client adds e-mail notification to Google event after editing

Hello,

eM client adds e-mail notification to events.

The issue can be reproduces in the following way:

* Create event in Google Calendar without any notifications via web-interface. (this google calendar should be connect to eM Client)
* Open event in eM Client and edit description. Save and sync.
* Open the same event in Google Calendar again via web interface.

Expected: event without notifications.
Actual: event with e-mail notification.

eM Client version is 6.0.20154.0

Best wishes,
Sergiy

Hi, can you please go to Tools > Settings > Advanced and turn on GData logging for the problematic account? Save the settings and restart the application.
If you then try to replicate the issue and if it occurs go back to the Advanced settings window and click on send logs, please send the logs to my email [email protected] .

Thank you,

You could also try right clicking your calendar folder and select Properties > Repair and click on the Repair button and check if it solves the issue.

Paul.

Hi,

I sent you logs.

Since you are asking me for logs, I am just wondering if you was able to reproduce the issue?

I may suppose that you are asking for logs because you can not reproduce the bug on other account.
No?

Sergiy

I tried to replicate the issue with my own accounts, but the issue did not occur. I am using an internal (newer) version though.

Paul.

Hmmm… This issue is reproduced every time with my account with no problems. Hope in next release it will be fixed. This issue annoyed me at least several months.  But I could not figured out if this is an issue in Google, eM Client, or I have just forgot to remove notification.

Hi again, we’ve done some more testing on this. I believe the issue is held with google. Thanks to the logs you’ve sent us I believe you have a default reminder on your google account set to email, 10 minutes. So if you go to settings and change the default reminder to none, you might ending up solving the issue.

I’ve tried to use the exact same setup (set my default reminder to email 10 minutes prior) and tried to replicate it again, but my default reminder kept changing to pop-up 0 minutes even when I disabled synchronization with eM Client.

Try to change your default reminder in your Google’s calendar settings (online) and let me know if the issue persists.

Thank you,
Paul.

OMG! After editing event description in eM Client Google resets notification for events. Now I can not set up e-mail notification in Google, after editing event in eM Client Google removes it, because by default there this no e-mail anymore… Thanks for your descirption. I will write to google, but based on my past experience feedback in Google is not reached to persons who actually can make a fixes :slight_smile:

I’m sorry you’re having issues with this, I too hope the issue might be solved, but it looks like eM Client isn’t doing anything wrong that would cause this.
Thank you and hope you can manage to resolve it.

Paul.

It is funny, I have a comparable issue. For events I make in Google calendar without notofication, eM adds a popo up notification. I cannot switch it off. Rather annoying.
regards, Maarten

Hi Maarten, what version of eM Client are you currently using?

Thank you,
Paul.