I’m new to eM Client and have only used version 9.0.1717.0 less than 2 weeks, with no issues.
I was running macOS Monterey 12.5 (Apple M1 Max).
Then, two things happened.
- macOS was upgraded to 12.5.1
- eM Client prompted an upgrade to 9.1.2109.0
Now eM Client will start and confirms databases are ok. Then the main app starts, and e-mails are synced. If I’m fast, I can read or even forward a message (which works), but then, after a few seconds, the client crashes.
A crash report is then generated. Seems the software has thrown a System.FormatException. The error message has some further info, but I’m not sure how to interpret it all.
I tried to download the previous version of emClient and install that (without doing any deleting or uninstalling), but version seems to be stuck on latest release.
I am reluctant to delete the whole installation, as I would like to preserve the databases / emails in there (I have 7 different concurrent e-mail accounts).
Any thoughts of what to do?
- Is this an issue introduced with the latest version of the client?
- Is this an issue because macOS was upgraded to 12.5.1?
- Is there a way to reset the installation on Mac, but still preserve the setup (I have no backup, and the client crash before I can run the backup).