EM Client 8 Refuses to Connect to Mail Servers

I’m running version 8.2.1721 Pro and on the afternoon of August 28th EM Client simply stopped connecting to any of the mail servers connected to my email accounts.

Nothing was changed in settings. Earlier in the day EM Client worked. After about 4pm it stopped working and has refused to connect to any mail server ever since.

I added my email accounts to Outlook and they all work fine. The issue is clearly with EM Client, but I have no idea why it’s happening.

Error Message “Connection Failed,” and it says the program could not connect to the mail server for each account.

Any light you can shed on why EM Client suddenly stopped working would be greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,

Christopher di Armani

Nothing was changed in settings. Earlier in the day EM Client worked. After about 4pm it stopped working and has refused to connect to any mail server ever since.

Added my email accounts to Outlook and they all work fine. The issue is clearly with EM Client, but I have no idea why it’s happening.

As you haven’t changed any settings in eM Client and it just suddenly stopped and adding your same account in Outlook works, that could then a few things.

It could be possible your mail server might now require different mail settings in the mail client.

Or possibly your mail server might now have different authentication for the way it connects

Or it could just be something like a background optional firewall / security program or optional antivirus program or VPN running interfering.

So first what type of mail account do you have eg:- POP, IMAP, Exchange, Office 365 or iCloud ?

Also what are your current incoming and outgoing mail server settings in eM Client ? Blank out anything personal.

Also do you use a username and password to connect in your account setup in eM Client.?

Lastly do you have a PC or Mac and what OS ver ?

A frequently overlooked cause is that mail programs (e.g. Apple MAil) try to automatically determine what the appropriate authorization is on the server. Switching to manual configuration will help.
This does not have to be on your computer, but on a computer in your LAN.
You can also determine the creator.