Shortly after the release of eM Client 8.1, we started processing all the feedback that we received from our users and a couple of months later eM Client 8.2 for Windows was ready. We took an extra time with the macOS version to make sure all the previously reported freezes and crashes were resolved as well and we present the new BETA version 8.2 containing the below-listed features and many other fixes and enhancements.
- Connect eM Client with your favorite video conferencing tools (Zoom, MS Teams, Google Meet)
- Set new Online Meetings in your Calendar with one click, and invite your contacts thanks to the new integration with Zoom, MS Teams and Google Meet (more to come)
- Choose an online meeting instead of a standard event when you create a new event, add your preferred service and eM Client will do the rest
- eM Client is also able to detect (some) online meeting links in invitations
Improved cloud storage attachments support
We keep improving the already unparalleled attachment management in eM Client and we further enhanced eM Client’s integration with popular cloud storage services (OneDrive, Google Drive, DropBox, OwnCloud and NextCloud).
- Upload attachments from eM Client directly to your cloud storage
- Cloud attachments can be listed as regular attachments in eM Client so you can view and manage them easily
- Toggle between read only and editable mode for documents for supported providers
- Add password protection to your files
- Set an expiration date for your files
- Manage cloud storage services in eM Client settings
Giphy support, new Emoticons and beautiful new eM Stickers
There’s the entire Giphy database for you to use now.
We also added extensive support for all standard Emoticons (hundreds of them), including skin color selection and categorization, on both Windows and macOS.
Stickers are now supported - and we designed a beautiful set of original eM Stickers for you!
…and there’s more:
Updated invitations’ look
Quick filter for Tags
Change the view format of an email (plain text / HTML)
New rules options and conditions for the ‘From’ field
Support for showing only the fields that are supported by a particular service vendor, all across the application
Snooze the update checks
‘Reply’/‘Reply all’/‘Forward’/‘Send email’ to all attendees of an event
Visual tweaks and rewritten large DPI/small monitors logic in Calendar
‘Change spellcheck language’ button is available as an optional toolbar menu now
New option to disable the ‘Unsubscribe’ link
A handy ‘Select folder’ filter for faster navigation and better folder management
Feel free to download eM Client 8.2 for macOS BETA here!
UPDATE 5/11/2021 - this BETA update includes a workaround for the macOS BIG SUR email scrolling issue.
Note: eM Client 8.2 will update your database so it is highly recommended to make a backup in case you’d like to switch back to eM Client 8.1 for any reason.
In case you come across any issues with the Beta version, please make sure to report them to our support team at email@example.com and we will look into each reported problem in detail.