eM Client 702: Issues with syncing Outlook Office365 Contacts using manual Microsoft Exchange install

I am evaluating the trial version of eM7 as a replacement for MS Outlook 2016 which has unresolved permission issues using shared calendars. eM is a nice application with the right balance of features but…

Having studied the forum and some of the issues users have encountered installing eM with MS Office 365 using I opted for the manual install using MS exchange. My Office 365 account has already been migrated to exchange. Every with eM7 appears to work; mail, multiple shared calendars except Contacts. With contacts, I receive the attached Operations log message.

====

‘An error occurred

Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Contacts/’ failed due to the following error: Invalid data source operation., There was a problem accessing Active Directory. Check your network connections and try again.’

====

Bizarrely it has managed to download 20 contacts out of 136 and that is where is has stalled.

Can anyone provide some guidance or tips to try and resolve this issue? Otherwise it’s a dealer breaker and I’ll have to look for alternate desktop solution which would be a shame.

Hello Julian,

We’re sorry that you’re experience this issue. Unfortunately in all the logs that we saw that were related to this error, this is what happens: eM Client sends a regular request to the server bur the server doesn’t respond. We can try to recommend turning off the Offline Address Book in Menu ->Tools -> Accounts - General tab. If that doesn’t work, could you please contact us at [email protected] ?

Thank you,
Maurice

Maurice

I have turned off the Offline Address Book in Menu ->Tools -> Accounts - General tab but this has not resolved the issue. I still get:

When I first installed the app, I initially configured it through the auto-set up as IMAP / Air Sync. This works for everything accept Calendar which produced errors in the log, although it did sync successfully. Having read articles on the forum, and as my MS Account is now migrated to Exchange, I thought it prudent to configure it to use Exchange in Em. Unfortunately, it results in this error. I chose to use Em as I have shared Calendars which do not seem work under desktop Outlook 2016 for now.

What does this error actally message mean? Is it the MS Exchange server not authenticating my log-in details? I do have to provide Em with a generated ‘app password’ as two-stage authentication is turned on in my account.

Any other tips?

Regards, Julian

Hello Julian,

Thank you for further description, we’re sorry this issue persists. Could we please ask you to send us the content of the third tab ‘Log’ in the same window as the ‘Errors’ to [email protected] with a link to this thread?

Thank you,
Maurice